International Dance Day 2022: Theme, History, And Significance – International Dance Day is observed on April 29th every year across the world. This day marks the birth anniversary of Jean-Georges Noverre who is called the creator of modern ballet.
- The main purpose of this day is to highlight the value and importance of the dance and encourage participation and education in this art form via events and festivals.
- The creator of modern ballet Jean-Georges Noverre was born on this day.
International Dance Day 2022: Theme
- Theme of the International Dance Day 2021: ‘Purpose of dance’.
International Dance Day 2022: History
- In the year 1982, the Dance Committee of the International Theatre Institute (ITI) decided to set up this day with UNESCO.
International Dance Day 2022: Quotes:
- “Almost nobody dances sober unless they happen to be insane.” – by H.P. Lovecraft
- “Dance first. Think later. It’s the natural order.” – Samuel Beckett
- “Dance is just like film in that it allows for thoughts in movement”. – by Twyla Tharp
- “I see dance being used as communication between body and soul, to express what is too deep to find for words”. – by Ruth St Denis
- “Life is short and there will always be dirty dishes, so let’s dance.” – by James Howe
- I see dance being used as communication between body and soul, to express what is too deep to find for words. –by Ruth St Denis
- “Dance, when you’re broken open. Dance, if you’ve torn the bandage off. Dance in the middle of the fighting. Dance in your blood. Dance when you’re perfectly free.” – by Rumi
- “When you dance, you can enjoy the luxury of being you.” – by Paulo Coelho
Image Source: Shutterstock