International Dance Day 2023: Theme, History, And Significance – International Dance Day is observed on April 29th every year across the world. This day marks the birth anniversary of Jean-Georges Noverre who is called the creator of modern ballet.
- The main purpose of this day is to highlight the value and importance of dance and encourages people to participate in dance and learn more about it through numerous events and festivals organised worldwide.
- The creator of modern ballet Jean-Georges Noverre was born on this day.
International Dance Day 2023: Theme
- The theme for International Dance Day 2023 will be announced soon.
- The theme for International Dance Day 2022 was “Dance for Life.
- The theme of International Dance Day 2021: ‘Purpose of dance’.
International Dance Day 2023: History
- In the year 1982, the Dance Committee of the International Theatre Institute (ITI) decided to set up this day with UNESCO.
International Dance Day 2023: Quotes:
- “Almost nobody dances sober unless they happen to be insane.” – by H.P. Lovecraft
- “Dance first. Think later. It’s the natural order.” – Samuel Beckett
- “Dance is just like film in that it allows for thoughts in movement”. – by Twyla Tharp
- “I see dance being used as communication between body and soul, to express what is too deep to find for words”. – by Ruth St Denis
- “Life is short and there will always be dirty dishes, so let’s dance.” – by James Howe
- I see dance being used as communication between body and soul, to express what is too deep to find for words. –by Ruth St Denis
- “Dance, when you’re broken open. Dance, if you’ve torn the bandage off. Dance in the middle of the fighting. Dance in your blood. Dance when you’re perfectly free.” – by Rumi
- “When you dance, you can enjoy the luxury of being you.” – by Paulo Coelho
Image Source: Shutterstock