Get 28 September 2023 Current Affairs Today, Daily Current Affairs 2023, Daily Current Affairs in Hindi, Current Affairs for PCS Exam, and Current Affairs for UPSC.
“Ek Tareekh Ek Ghanta Ek Saath”
- The Ayush Ministry will celebrate “Ek Tareekh Ek Ghanta Ek Saath” under the aegis of the Swachhata Hi Seva Campaign on the 1st of October 2023. As per the Ministry, over 200 events will be conducted across the country. The event will witness the National Commission of the Indian System of Medicine and the National Commission for Homoeopathy with more than 750 colleges. The theme for Swachhata Hi Seva 2023 is ‘Garbage Free India’.
GeM to launch a mobile-based inclusive lending platform GEM Sahay 2.0
- The Government E-Marketplace (GeM) is going to launch GeM Sahay 2.0 for sellers to provide easy access to loans up to 10 lakh rupees. informed by the CEO of GeM PK Singh. The govt is looking to make the GeM portal more seamless to bring on board sellers from various categories.
- GeM Sahay 2.0 is a mobile-based inclusive lending platform that aims to enable sellers to avail of loans on acceptance of an order on the GeM platform.
- GeM offered loan amounts of around 21 crore rupees to sellers so far. 2,13,000 businesses are actively offering 36 lakh products on the GeM platform. GeM includes initiatives like GeM outlet stores and the One District One Product initiative.
Centre reappoints M. Rajeshwar Rao as Deputy Governor of RBI
- The Centre has reelected M. Rajeshwar Rao as Deputy Governor of the Reserve Bank of India for a period of one year beginning from the 9th of October month, or until further orders, whichever is earlier. Rajeshwar Rao is holding the departments of Regulation, Communication, Enforcement, Legal and Risk Monitoring.
- He is an economics graduate and a Master of Business Administration from the University of Cochin.
- In 1984, He joined the central bank.
- Rao also served as the Banking Ombudsman in New Delhi and in the Reserve Bank’s regional offices in Ahmedabad, Hyderabad, Chennai and the national capital.
Eid-e-Milad is celebrated as the birthday of the Islamic Prophet Muhammad each year. The Prophet was believed to be born in Mecca on the 12th day of Rabee-ul-Awwal, the third month in the Islamic calendar, to Abdullah and Bibi Amina. Some think that he was born on the 17th of Rabi’ al-awwal. Significantly, the day is also observed as the death anniversary of the Prophet.