Daily Current Affairs 25th January 2023 in English: Today GK Updates for Bank Exam – Here, you will find Daily Current Affairs events that will help you to get more marks in Banking, Insurance, SSC, Railways, UPSC, CLAT, and all State Government Exams. also, get Latest Current Affairs Quiz and Monthly Current Affairs 2023 PDF to crack your exams.
Govt launches U-WIN to digitise India’s universal immunisation programme
The programme to digitise India’s Universal Immunisation Programme (UIP) called U-WIN, has been launched in a pilot mode in two districts of each state and Union Territory. U-WIN platform will be used to register and vaccinate every pregnant woman, record her delivery outcome, register every newborn delivery, administer birth doses and all vaccination events thereafter.
- It is similar to Co-WIN, which has served as the “digital backbone” for India’s COVID-19 vaccination programme, which was launched on January 11 in 65 districts.
- It will act as the single source of information for immunisation services, updating vaccination status, delivery outcome, planning of RI sessions and reports like antigen-wise coverage, and so on.
- It will be digital registrations of all pregnant women and newborns for individualised tracking for vaccination, reminders for upcoming doses and follow-up of dropouts.
- Healthcare workers and programme managers can get real-time data on routine immunisation sessions and vaccination coverage for better planning and vaccine distribution.
- Vaccine acknowledgement and immunisation cards linked to ABHA ID (Ayushman Bharat Heath Account) will be generated for pregnant women and children.
Book fair ‘Amar Ekushey Boi Mela’ on 1st February
Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina will inaugurate the largest and longest book fair of Bangladesh ‘Amar Ekushey Boi Mela’ on 1st February 2023. The historic ‘Amar Ekushey Boi Mela’ will be conducted on the grounds of the Bangla Academy and Suhrawardy Udyan in the capital city, Dhaka.
- ‘Paro Boi, Garo Desh: Bangabandhur Bangladesh’ meaning ‘Read Book, build country: Bangabandhu’s Bangladesh’ is the theme of the fair 2023.
Amar Ekushey Boi Mela History
- In 1972, The book fair was started to commemorate the sacrifices of people killed by Pakistani forces on 21st February 1952, demanding Bangla as the mother language for then East Pakistan.
- The book fair is being organised every year by the Bangla Academy since 1978.
4-Year-Old Boy Becomes UK’s Youngest Mensa Member
A four-year-old boy from Portishead, Somerset, Teddy Hobbs has become Britain’s youngest Mensa member. Hobbs can read and count in seven languages. He can also count to 100 in other non-native languages, including Welsh, French, Spanish and German.
- Mensa is the largest and oldest high-IQ society in the world and accepts people who have scored at the 98th percentile or higher on an approved intelligence test.
First Ever India Stack Developer Conference in New Delhi
The first India Stack Developer Conference will be held in New Delhi on January 25th, 2023, aimed at focusing on ways and means to ensure wider adoption of India’s digital goods all over the world. More than 100 digital leaders from the Industry, Government, start-ups and unicorns and academia will join the conference.
- India Stack includes a multi-layer cluster of digital solutions like Aadhaar, UPI, Digi Locker, Co-Win, GeM, and GSTN.
- It will be one of the focus areas at the World Government Summit 2023 which will be held in Abu Dhabi in February 2023.
Pakistan Cricket Board Appoints Haroon Rasheed As Chief Selector
Pakistan’s former batter Haroon Rasheed has been elected as the chief selector of the national selection committee. 69 years old Haroon was also named on the 14-member cricket management committee to run the PCB, on December 22nd, 2022, by the patron-in-chief of the board, Prime Minister Shahbaz Sharif.
- Haroon played 23 Tests and 12 ODIs for Pakistan and retired as Director of the High-Performance Centre of the PCB.
- He also served as chief selector, manager of senior and junior teams and head coach of senior and junior teams.
Professor Bharat Bhasker appointed as IIM-A director
IIM-Lucknow professor Bharat Bhasker was appointed as IM-A director for five years with effect from March 1st, 2023. announced by the Indian Institute of Management Ahmedabad (IIM-A). Incumbent director Errol D’souza’s term will end on January 31st, 2023.
- Professor Bhasker has three decades of experience in industry, research, teaching, and consulting in India and globally.
- He also served a five-year term as the director of IIM Raipur.
Institute of the Chartered Accountants of India’s (ICAI) award 2023
Happiest Minds has been selected as a winner of Plaque in the Category VIII (A) -Service Sector (other than financial services sector) for FY21-22 Annual Report by a jury chaired by Sujeet Kumar. the finance team personnel – Shashidhara BA and Ravindra Upadhya received the award on the company’s behalf at a glittering ceremony held in Varanasi on 20 January 2023.
- Happiest Minds was recognized for the company’s highest degree of compliance with accounting standards, statutory guidelines & regulations, quality of annual reports and policies for disclosure and presentation of financial statement(s).
Bank Of Baroda launches Vikram Credit Card Dedicated To Soldiers
Bank Of Baroda Financial Solutions Limited (BFSL) launched the Vikram Credit Card for members of the Indian military, paramilitary, and police forces. BOB Vikram Credit Card aims to strengthen its commitment to meet the credit needs of the soldiers, who selflessly protect us and serve our country.
- With the Indian Army (Yoddha), Indian Navy (Varunah), Indian Coast Guard (Rakshamah), and Assam Rifles, BFSL already has special cobranded credit cards (The Sentinel).
Benefits and Features of BOB Vikram Credit Card
- Attractive reward points
- A free OTT subscription as an activation bonus comes with the Lifetime Free (LTF) credit card
- 20 lakhs in accidental death coverage
- Offers for a 1% Fuel Surcharge Waiver
- LTF Add-Ons
- Periodic sales by merchants
Amazon launches dedicated air cargo service in India to speed up deliveries
E-commerce giant Amazon launched its dedicated air cargo services, Amazon Air, in Hyderabad – a first in India with the help of cargo operator Quick Jet Cargo Airlines Pvt Ltd on 23rd January 2023. Two Boeing 737-800 aircraft are to be deployed to enable faster delivery of shipments in Hyderabad, Bengaluru, Mumbai, and Delhi.
- Amazon Air in India’s launch will meet the company’s commitment to continue building capacity to meet the needs of its customers and to grow its transportation network for faster deliveries.
About Amazon –
- CEO: Andy Jassy
- Founded: 5 July 1994, Bellevue, Washington, United States
- Founder: Jeff Bezos
Theatre Level Operational Readiness Exercise (TROPEX -23)
The 2023 edition of the Indian Navy’s major maritime exercise “TROPEX” is being held in the Indian Ocean Region. TROPEX 23 is being conducted over the duration of three months from Jan – March 2023. TROPEX stands for “THEATRE LEVEL OPERATIONAL READINESS EXERCISE“.
- All Indian Navy units and Indian Army, Indian Air Force and Coast Guard assets will participate in the operational level exercise.
- It aims to give an opportunity to test the combat readiness of the combined Fleets of the Indian Navy to operate in a multi-threat environment.
- The maritime exercise also facilitates operational-level interaction with the Indian Army, Indian Air Force and the Coast Guard, which will further strengthen interoperability and joint operations in a complex environment.
Tri-services Amphibious AMPHEX 2023 Exercise Concludes
The biennial Tri-Services Amphibious Exercise, AMPHEX 2023 was held at Kakinada, Andhra Pradesh from 17 to 22 January 23. it aimed at joint training of elements of all three services in various facets of amphibious operations to enhance interoperability and synergy.
- AMPHEX 23 is the first time that the exercise was conducted at Kakinada, and it was the largest-ever exercise held till date.
Architect and Padma Bhushan awardee Balkrishna Doshi Died at 95
Renowned architect and urban planner BV Doshi passed away at the age of 95 on January 24, 2023. BV Doshi worked with international legends like Le Corbusier and Louis Kahn on prestigious projects.
- He was the first architect to be awarded the Pritzker Prize.
- In 2022, He was also awarded the Royal Institute of British Architects Royal Gold Medal.
- Indian Govt also honoured with Padma Bhushan and Padma Shri.
- He also worked at Corbusier’s studio in Paris in France.
- He regarded Corbusier as his guru.
- He was the first Founder-Director of the School of Architecture and School of Planning, Ahmedabad.
National Tourism Day 2023
Every Year, National Tourism Day is celebrated on January 25th in India. the main purpose of this day is to promote tourism and raise awareness about the importance of tourism for the economy. World Tourism Day is celebrated on 27 September and in India, National Tourism Day is celebrated on 25 January.
- The day aims to cultivate and raise awareness among society globally on the significance of tourism, and its social, political, financial, and also cultural worth and value.
National Voters Day 2023
Every year, National Voters’ Day is observed on 25 January to encourage, facilitate, and maximise enrolment, especially for new voters in the country. the first National Voters’ Day was observed on January 25, 2011.
- This day also marks the foundation of the Election Commission of India, i.e. 25th January 1950.
- In 2023, India is celebrating the 13th National Voters’ Day (NVD).
- The day aims to create electoral awareness amongst citizens and encourage them to participate in the electoral process.
- It also facilitates the enrolment of voters, especially the newly eligible young voters.
- The theme for this year’s NVD, ‘Nothing Like Voting, I Vote for Sure’.
Hyderabad E-Mobility Week
Telangana govt is hosting the Hyderabad E-Mobility Week from February 5 to 11 and The city of Hyderabad will witness the launch of many e-vehicles by top automobile companies. Hyderabad E-Mobility Week will showcase the widest collection of electric vehicles, charging infrastructure, and energy storage solutions, and host the nation’s first-ever Formula electric single-seater racing show.
- E-Mobility Week aims to foster the adoption of electric vehicles.
- The CASE (Connected, Autonomous, Shared and Electric) StartUp Challenge would be held on February 7th, 2023.
- Hyderabad E-Motor Show 2023 will be held on February 8 at the Hitex Exhibition Centre.
- On February 10 and 11, the Hyderabad E-Prix, the first-ever Formula E race in India, will be held.
Uttar Pradesh Foundation Day
Uttar Pradesh celebrates its foundation day on January 24 for three days since 2018 with the participation of all government departments. The main theme of the ‘Uttar Pradesh Day’ 2023 is ‘Investment and Employment’.
- The state-level event on ‘Uttar Pradesh Day’ will be held in ‘Awadh Shilp Gram’, Lucknow, and ‘Noida Shilp Gram’, Noida and the district-level events will be held at all district headquarters of the state.
- Earlier, Uttar Pradesh was known as United Provinces.
- On January 24, 1950, it was recognized as Uttar Pradesh.
★★★★ You Can Also Read ★★★★
|Computer Awareness Quiz Questions Set (Banking)
|Read Daily Current Affairs Topic Wise
|Daily Current Affairs Quiz (Current GK Test)
|Static Gk Quiz Questions and Answers
For all the latest Updates, download PrepareExams App.