Daily Current Affairs 1st January 2023: Today GK Updates for Bank Exam – Here, you will find Daily Current Affairs events that will help you to get more marks in Banking, Insurance, SSC, Railways, UPSC, CLAT, and all State Government Exams. also, get Latest Current Affairs Quiz and Monthly Current Affairs 2023 PDF to crack your exams.
RuPay card for vehicle charging facility
Charging station company ‘Fortum Charge and Drive’ launched a new ‘Rupay Prepaid’ card for vehicle charging facility in association with financial institution ‘Pine Labs’. RuPay card for vehicle charging facility will be in operation at all charging stations across India from January 1st, 2023. Also, electric vehicle customers will be able to use this prepaid card not only at charging stations but also at various public places including malls, shops, and restaurants.
MoU signed for commercial production of indigenously developed “Lumpi-ProVac”
On 29th December 2022, An MoU for the production of the Goat Pox vaccine and “Lumpi-ProVac” vaccine to control and eradicate the Lumpy Skin Disease, was signed in Nagpur. Shri Parshottam Rupala, Union Minister of Fisheries, and the Chief Minister and Deputy CM of Maharashtra were also present on this occasion.
- National Centre for Veterinary Type Culture, ICAR-NRCE has developed a homologous live-attenuated LSD vaccine, named Lumpi-ProVacInd in collaboration with ICAR-IVRI, Izatnagar, UP.
- On, December 31, 2022, the commercial department of Agricultural Research and Education (DARE) granted “Non-Exclusive Rights” for Commercial production of “Lumpi-ProVac”, to the Institute of Veterinary Biological Products (IVBP), Pune.
What is Lumpy Skin Disease?
- Lumpy skin disease (LSD) is a contagious viral disease of cattle and buffalo that causes relatively low mortality.
- It does not affect humans.
- Lumpy skin disease (LSD) can result in animal welfare issues and significant production losses.
Lumpy Skin Disease: Causes & Symptoms
- The lumpy skin disease virus (LSDV) is a virus of the capripoxvirus genus in the poxviridae family.
- The virus is transmitted by insects that feed on blood, such as mosquitoes, ticks, and certain species of flies.
- Lumpy skin disease also spreads through contaminated fodder and water.
- The disease can cause fever, and nodules on the skin and can be fatal, especially in animals.
India develops indigenous Lumpi-ProVacInd
- Lumpi-ProVacInd is used for the prophylactic immunization of animals against Lumpy Skin Disease, and it elicits protection for about one year.
- A single dose of the vaccine has 103.5 TCID50 of live-attenuated LSDV (Ranchi strain).
- The vaccine is stored at 4°C.
Mobile workshops in Tamil Nadu
On 31st December 2022, Tamil Nadu Chief Minister M.K.Stalin flagged off mobile workshops for inspection and maintenance of government vehicles in places where there are no government automatic workshops.
“Chennai Sangam – Namma Ooru Festival-2023
“Chennai Sangam – Namma Ooru Festival-2023” will be held between 14th January and 17th January 2023 and will be conducted by the Department of Arts, Culture and Tourism, Government of Tamil Nadu. It will be inaugurated by Chief Minister M.K.Stalin.
Govt hikes interest rate on NSC, senior citizen savings scheme from Jan 1
The government increased the interest rates on small deposits — including post office term deposits, NSC, and senior citizen savings scheme — by up to 1.1% points from January 1st, 2023. the interest rates on Public Provident Fund (PPF) and the girl child savings scheme Sukanya Samriddhi has not been modified by the govt.
- Interest rates on Post office term deposit schemes of duration 1 to 5 years will increase by up to 1.1% points.
- National Savings Certificate (NSC) will yield a 7% interest rate.
- the senior citizen savings scheme will give 8% interest against 7.6% currently.
Ajay Kumar Srivastava as new MD and CEO of Indian Overseas Bank
Ajay Kumar Srivastava has been elected as Managing Director (MD) and CEO of Indian Overseas Bank with effect from January 1, 2023, from his current posting as executive director. In 1991, he began his banking career as a probationary officer with Allahabad Bank. He served as Executive Director of IOB and Executive Director at Indian Overseas Bank.
Qin Gang is named China’s new foreign minister
Wang Yi has been appointed a member of the ruling Chinese Communist Party’s Political Bureau (Politburo), which is the top decision-making body in China. he served as China’s foreign minister. 56 years old Qin Gang is currently the country’s ambassador to the United States, and has been appointed as the new foreign minister.
FIDE World Blitz Chess Championship Tournament
Norway’s Magnus Carlsen topped the men’s category with 16 points and was crowned the title for the 6th time. The World Blitz Chess Championship was held in Almaty, Kazakhstan. Kazakhstan’s Bibisara Balabayeva received the gold medal in the women’s category with 13 points and India’s Koneru Hampi finished second with the silver medal and 12.5 points and became the first Indian player to win a medal at the World Blitz Championship. Russia’s Shuvalova Palina received the bronze medal with 12 points.
Ranking Badminton Tournament 2022
Ashmita Salika wins the title in the women’s category at Akhilesh Das Gupta Memorial All India Senior Ranking Badminton Tournament, which was held from 23rd to 29th December 2022 at Bareilly, Uttar Pradesh. Tamil Nadu’s Rithvik Sanjeev finished the tournament with the gold medal in the men’s category and became the first player from Tamil Nadu to win the men’s singles title.
Former Pope Benedict XVI Passed away at 95
Former Pope Benedict XVI passed away at the age of 95 at his Vatican residence, after almost a decade after he stood down because of ailing health. Pope Benedict XVI served as leader of the Catholic Church from 2005 until his resignation in 2013. He was the first Pope to resign since Gregory XII in 1415.
Global Family Day 2023
Every year, Global Family Day is celebrated on January 1 across the world. The day raises a sense of unity, community, and brotherhood across nations and cultures through the idea of families. Global Family Day also discourages unwarranted negative attitudes towards other cultures, and nations, which may breed hatred, encourage social aloofness and lead to violence.
Global Family Day: History
- The day originated from two books – a 1996 children’s book named ‘One Day in Peace, January 1, 2000,’ by American authors Steve Diamond and Robert Alan Silverstein.
- American peace activist and author Linda Grover’s 1998 utopian novel ‘Tree Island: A Novel for the New Millennium.’ Grover established January 1 as a global day of peace.
- Linda Grover chose January 1 date when the entire world joins hands together to co-exist in harmony.
★★★★ You Can Also Read ★★★★
|Computer Awareness Quiz Questions Set (Banking)|
|Read Daily Current Affairs Topic Wise|
|Daily Current Affairs Quiz (Current GK Test)|
|Static Gk Quiz Questions and Answers|
For all the latest Updates, download PrepareExams App.