Daily Current Affairs 19th December 2022: Today GK Updates for Bank Exam – Here, you will find Daily Current Affairs events that will help you to get more marks in Banking, Insurance, SSC, Railways, UPSC, CLAT, and all State Government Exams. also, get Latest Current Affairs Quiz and Monthly Current Affairs 2022 PDF to crack your exams.
‘MORMUGAO’ warship to be inducted into Indian Navy
The 2nd warship of the P15B class of stealth guided-missile destroyers, Indian Naval Ship (INS) Mormugao (D67) has been commissioned in the august presence of Raksha Mantri Shri Rajnath Singh at Naval Dockyard, Mumbai on December 18, 2022. Indian Naval Ship (INS) Mormugao (D67) is the second of the four ‘Visakhapatnam’ class destroyers, indigenously designed by the Indian Navy’s in-house organization Warship Design Bureau and constructed by Mazagon Dock Shipbuilders Limited (MDL), Mumbai.
- INS Mormugao is one of the world’s most technologically-advanced missile carriers.
- It is made of over 75% indigenous content and will significantly enhance the country’s maritime capabilities and secure national interests.
About Ins Mormugao
- The length of Ins Mormugao is 163m in length and 17m in breadth with a displacement of 7,400 tonnes.
- INS Mormugao is plugged with sophisticated state-of-the-art weapons and sensors such as Surface-to-Surface missiles and Surface-to-Air Missiles.
- The ship has been equipped with a modern Surveillance Radar which provides target data to the gunnery weapon systems.
- Its Anti-Submarine Warfare capabilities are provided by indigenously-developed Rocket Launchers, Torpedo Launchers, and ASW helicopters.
PM Modi to inaugurate India Energy Week 2023 in February
Prime Minister Narendra Modi will inaugurate India Energy Week 2023 in Karnataka in February 2023, Chief Minister Basavaraj Bommai said on 18th December 2022. Curtain Raiser Programme of 1st edition of India Energy Week 2023 held in Bangalore on 16th December 2022.
- Over 10,000 delegates from both India and abroad will participate in this event that will ponder over energy production and policies.
- India Energy Week 2023 will be offering a unique opportunity to showcase India as both an engine of global economic growth and a driver for global consumption, supported by a conducive and investment-friendly environment, and a skilled workforce.
PM Modi to lays the various development projects in Tripura
Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi laid the foundation stone, inaugurated and dedicated to the nation various key initiatives worth over Rs. 4350 crores projects including the launch of Grih Pravesh program for beneficiaries under Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana – Urban and Rural, connectivity projects for the widening of the Agartala bypass (Khayerpur – Amtali) NH-08, laying the foundation stones for 32 roads of more than 230 kilometers in length under PMGSY III and improvement projects of 112 roads covering a distance of over 540 kilometers.
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi has also inaugurated the State Institute of Hotel Management at Anandnagar and Agartala Government Dental College.
- PM Modi launched the “Grih Pravesh” programme for more than two lakh beneficiaries under the Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana – Urban and Rural – schemes.
Iran removed from UN Women’s Rights Organization
Iran has been expelled from the UN Women’s Rights Organization due to human rights violations against women during the ongoing hijab protests in Iran. on 14th December 2022, The Economic and Social Council adopted the draft resolution, introduced by the U.S.
- 29 countries supported the resolution and eight against it – Bolivia, China, Kazakhstan, Nicaragua, Nigeria, Oman, Russia, and Zimbabwe and 16 abstentions, including Bangladesh, India, Indonesia, Mauritius, Mexico, and Thailand.
Union Minister Mansukh Mandaviya inaugurates new facilities at ICMR-NARFBR in Hyderabad
On 17th December 2022, Union Health Minister Mansukh Mandaviya inaugurated ICMR’s National Animal Resource Facility for Biomedical Research (NARFBR) at Genome Valley in Hyderabad to address zoonotic threats. The new ICMR center will have great significance in animal studies for biomedical research in discovering causes, diagnosis, and treatment of zoonotic agents and diseases.
- ICMR’s National Animal Resource Facility for Biomedical Research (NARFBR) will offer ethical care and use and welfare of laboratory animals during research.
- It also will work as a state-of-the-art facility for not just ethical animal studies but spans from basic and applied to regulatory animal research.
- NARFBR aims to help in the capacity building of new researchers and to create processes for pre-clinical testing of new drugs, vaccines, and diagnostics within the country along with quality assurance checks.
Amit Shah chairs the 25th meeting of the Eastern Zonal Council in Kolkata
On 17th December 2022, Union Home Minister Amit Shah chaired the 25th Eastern Zonal Council (EZC) meeting at the West Bengal secretariat in Kolkata. The meeting aims to ensure the creation of a district-level structure of the NCORD mechanism and its regular meetings for the prevention of narcotics.
- A total of 23 meetings of the Zonal Councils were held in the 8 years since 2014.
48th GST Council Meeting 2022
The 48th meeting of the Goods and Services Tax (GST) Council was held in New Delhi and has been chaired by Finance minister Nirmala Sitharaman. The Council governed Tax rates, rules, and regulations under GST consisting of the Finance minister, and her counterparts from states and UTs.
- The Group of Ministers (GoM) proposed to increase the indirect tax on online gaming, casinos, and horse racing, to 28%, from the existing 18%.
Indian-Origin Leo Varadkar Re-Elected As Ireland Prime Minister Under Rotation Deal
Ireland’s Leo Varadkar took over as Ireland Prime Minister for the second time in a handover of power in line with a coalition deal struck in 2020. Indian-Origin Leo Varadkar replaced Micheal Martin as Taoiseach (premier) in a rotation between his Fine Gael and Martin’s Fianna Fail parties.
- 43 years old Varadkar is still one of Ireland’s youngest-ever leaders, even in his second stint in the role.
- When he was 38 years old then, He became the country’s youngest Taoiseach as well as its first openly gay head of government and first of Indian heritage.
- Varadkar was born in Dublin, Ireland to an Irish mother who worked as a nurse and an Indian immigrant father, who was a qualified doctor.
- He completed his medical degree from Trinity College Dublin and in 2007 secured election for Fine Gael in Dublin West.
Aparesh Kumar Singh As Interim Chief Justice of Jharkhand High Court was appointed
The Central government has appointed Justice Aparesh Kumar Singh as the acting Chief Justice of Jharkhand High Court with effect from December 20th, 2022. He will assume the post consequent to the retirement of the current Chief Justice Ravi Ranjan.
- Department of Law and Justice issued a notification: In exercise of the power conferred by Article 223 of the Constitution of India, the President is pleased to appoint, Shri Justice Aparesh Kumar Singh, senior-most Judge of the High Court of Jharkhand, to perform the duties of the office of the Chief Justice of the High Court of Jharkhand, with effect from 20.12.2022 consequent upon the retirement of Dr. Justice Ravi Ranjan, Chief Justice, High Court of Jharkhand,”
NMDC wins IEI Industry Excellence Award 2022
National Miner NMDC won the coveted IEI (Institution of Engineers, India) Industry Excellence Award 2022 on 16th December 2022 in Chennai. The largest producer of iron ore in the country has been honored at the 37th Indian Engineering Congress for its outstanding performance and high level of business excellence. Shri N R K Prasad, CGM (IE & MS) collected the award from Dr. K Ponmudy, Minister for Higher Education, Government of Tamil Nadu on the behalf of NMDC.
- The Institution of Engineers (India) presented the Industry Excellence Award to NMDC for the business operations, financial performance, environmental performance, research and development, CSR, and corporate governance policies of a company.
Madurai Aravind Eye Hospital Won the Green Hospital Award
Madurai Aravind Eye Hospital has won the Green Hospital Award, presented by Global Green healthy Hospitals (GGHH) for reducing environmental pollution of water and electricity consumption.
- Madurai Aravind Eye Hospital uses high-efficiency air conditioners, pumps, LEDs, lamps, and fans to consume less electricity and therefore, electricity consumption decreased by 25 to 30%. In recognition of this, the Global Green Hospital Organization has been given an award for 2022.
2023 ICC Under-19 Women’s T20 World Cup
The 2023 ICC Under-19 Women’s T20 World Cup will be the first edition of the ICC Women’s Under-19 Cricket World Cup, which has been scheduled to be hosted by South Africa in 2023. In April 2021, the International Cricket Council (ICC) informed that the tournament was moved from its original slot at the end of 2021 to January 2023 due to surging the COVID-19 pandemic.
- The 16-team ICC Under-19 Women’s T20 World Cup will be held between 7 January and 29 January 2023 in South Africa and is the first-ever age group ICC women’s event.
- The 16 teams have been divided into groups of four as below:
- Group A: Australia, Bangladesh, Sri Lanka, and USA
- Group B: England, Pakistan, Rwanda, and Zimbabwe
- Group C: Indonesia, Ireland, New Zealand, and West Indies
- Group D: India, Scotland, South Africa, and the UAE.
Under-19 Women’s Cricket World Cup 2023: Schedule
There will be 16 warm-up matches held on 9 and 11 January in the cities of Johannesburg and Tshwane. The World Cup matches will be played in Benoni and Potchefstroom across four venues. USA’s three Group A fixtures:
- Saturday 14 January, 13:45 (local). Sri Lanka U19s Women v USA U19s Women, Willowmoore Park B Field, Benoni
- Monday 16 January, 13:45 (local). Australia U19s Women v USA U19s Women, Willowmoore Park B Field, Benoni
- Wednesday 18 January, 10:00 (local). Bangladesh U19s Women v USA U19s Women, Willowmoore Park B Field, Benoni.
Pro Kabaddi League 2022
The 2022 Vivo Pro Kabaddi League was the 9th season of the Pro Kabaddi League and was started on 7 October 2022. The tournament was played across Bengaluru, Pune, Hyderabad, and Mumbai. The player auction for season 9 was held on 5 August 2022 in Mumbai.
- the tournament now reached its finale, and Jaipur Pink Panthers will play with Puneri Paltan in the final match.
- The winning team will get a trophy with prize money of Rs.3 crore and the 2nd place team will be awarded prize money of Rs.1.80 crore.
“Sushasan Saptah” – Good Governance Week 2022
Prime Minister Modi congratulated the 2nd Good Governance Week to be celebrated from 19 to 25th December 2022, pointing out that the government plays a significant role in helping people fulfill their aspirations.
- On 19th December 2022, Union Minister Dr. Jitendra Singh will launch the campaign “Prashasan Gaon Ki Aur’ 2022′ and it is guided by the principle of ‘Citizen-First’.
Minorities Rights Day 2022
Every year, Minorities Rights Day is observed on 18th December in India. the main purpose of this day is to create awareness about the respect and dignity of minorities and uphold the right to freedom and equal opportunities for the ethnic minorities in the country.
- It also marks the rights of the religious, cultural, linguistic, and ethnic minorities.
- The United Nations on December 18, 1992, adopted and broadcast the Statement on the individual’s Rights belonging to Religious or Linguistic National or Ethnic Minorities. Minority Rights Day upholds the right to freedom and equal opportunities for minorities in India and creates awareness about their rights.
Goa Liberation Day
Goa, Daman and Diu Liberation Day गोंय मुक्ति दिस, Goem Mukti Dis; Hindi: गोवा मुक्ति दिवस is observed on December 19 every year in Goa, India. The Goa Liberation Day marks the commemoration of the Indian armed forces annexing Portuguese-ruled Goa.
- Goa is one of India’s smallest states and prior to this, it was under Portuguese possession for about 450 years.
- The Goa Liberation Day marks the celebration of the day Indian armed forces freed Goa from Portuguese rule on December 19, 1961.
★★★★ You Can Also Read ★★★★
|Computer Awareness Quiz Questions Set (Banking)|
|Read Daily Current Affairs Topic Wise|
|Daily Current Affairs Quiz (Current GK Test)|
|Static Gk Quiz Questions and Answers|
For all the latest Updates, download PrepareExams App.