Daily Current Affairs 18 November 2022: Today GK Updates for Bank Exam – Here, you will find Daily Current Affairs events that will help you to get more marks in Banking, Insurance, SSC, Railways, UPSC, CLAT, and all State Government Exams. also, get Latest Current Affairs Quiz and Monthly Current Affairs 2022 PDF to crack your exams.
India MedTech Expo 2023 (IMTE-2023)
The government has rescheduled the first-ever Expo of Indian Medtech Industry India MedTech Expo (IMTE), which now will be held from 17th January to 19th January 2023 at Aerocity Grounds, New Delhi. Prior to this, The three days Expo was from 9th to 11th December 2022. the website of India MedTech Expo (IMTE) and the flyer were launched on 30th September 2022.
India MedTech Expo (IMTE)
- India MedTech Expo (IMTE) is a three-day long event.
- the 1st edition of the India MedTech Expo was conducted by the Dept. of Pharmaceuticals, Government of India with all the Medical Devices Industry Associations.
- The Expo is planned around the theme “Future of Device, Diagnostics & Digital”.
- It aims to create opportunities to network and explore collaborations both for the sector’s growth in India and its potential contribution globally, by bringing together all the stakeholders.
- IMTE-23 aims to provide a unique platform to meet and interact with Startups, Indian & International Medical Device companies, MSME units & Research Institutions.
- IMTE-23 will also role in featuring special Government Regulators, State MedTech Parks, Future Healthcare, R&D and Innovation, Make in India & Start-ups Pavilion, along with parallel thematic Conference sessions.
- National MedTech Expo 2023 details are available at – http://www.indiamedtechexpo.in/
Hyderabad, Chennai, and New Delhi Among Largest Data Centre Markets in Asia-Pacific
As per the report released by Knight Frank, Indian cities such as Hyderabad, Chennai, and New Delhi, have emerged as three of the top data centre markets in the Asia-Pacific (APAC) region. the report shows that the data centre industry in India has been on a high growth trajectory, partly compelled by government policies, including easier access to credit and other incentives for the purpose of boosting data centre investment.
- Fred Fitzalan Howard, data centre lead, APAC, Knight Frank, said – “The insight from our latest report reinforces APAC’s position as the most exciting market in the global data centre industry. More businesses are speeding up their digital transformations, and the demand for cloud services and lower latency has proliferated, resulting in cloud providers sourcing colocation and self-build facilities in previously overlooked cities. As these secondary cities continue to establish themselves as data centre locations, opportunities will continue to arise across the mergers and acquisitions (M&A) and development space.”
- James Murphy, managing director for APAC, DC Byte, said – “Previously the Asia Pacific region was dominated by a handful of ‘tier 1’ markets. This is no longer the case as the trend for decentralisation has seen both hyperscalers and data centre operators move to new markets. The latest report highlights these new markets which we expect to continue to grow in parallel with some of the region’s more established hubs.”
G20 Summit 2022: Indonesia hands over G20 presidency to India
Indonesia handed over the G20 presidency to India for the coming year at the Bali summit on 16 November 2022. Prime Minister Narendra Modi presented gifts to world leaders highlighting India’s culture and arts. Indonesian President Joko Widodo handed over the G20 presidency to Prime Minister Modi at the conclusion of the two-day G20 Summit in Bali.
- India will officially take over the presidency of the G20 from December 1st, 2023.
- The Union Government plans to hold its first summit in India on September 9-10 in 2023.
- Brazil in 2024 and in South Africa in 2025 will be handed over the G20 presidency.
What is G20 and G20 Summit
- The G20 or Group of 20 is an intergovernmental forum of the world’s major developed and developing countries.
- The G20 comprises 19 countries: Argentina, Australia, Brazil, Canada, China, France, Germany, India, Indonesia, Italy, Japan, South Korea, Mexico, Russia, Saudi Arabia, South Africa, Turkey, the UK, the US, and the European Union.
Dr C V Ananda Bose appointed as Governor of West Bengal
Former bureaucrat C V Ananda Bose has been elected as the Governor of West Bengal. His appointment will take effect on the date he assumes charge of his office. C V Ananda Bose is a 1977 batch (retired) Indian Administrative Service (IAS) officer of the Kerala cadre. He served as an administrator in the National Museum here before superannuating in 2011.
- He also served as the district collector of Quilon district in Kerala.
- He served as the secretary to the then chief minister of the state and as additional secretary in the Ministry of Agriculture.
Tamil Nadu Biodiversity Conservation and Greening Project
The Government of Tamil Nadu is planning to implement the Tamil Nadu Biodiversity Conservation and Green Climate Change Response Project in collaboration with a Japanese Multinational Cooperative Organization at a cost of 920 crores 56 lakh rupees (920,56,00,000).
- The project aims to improve biodiversity conservation by habitat improvement of flora and fauna, afforestation, and institutional capacity development, thereby contributing to the resilient socio-economic development in harmony with nature in Tamil Nadu.
About Tamil Nadu –
- Governor of Tamil Nadu: R. N. Ravi
- Capital of Tamil Nadu: Chennai
- Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu: M. K. Stalin
- Population of Tamil Nadu: 6.79 crores (2012)
- Language of Tamil Nadu: Tamil
- Total Area of Tamil Nadu -130,058 km2 (50,216 sq mi)
- Rank in Area – 10th
- Literacy of Tamil Nadu – Increase 82.9%
- Sex ratio of Tamil Nadu – 996/1000
- Emblem of Tamil Nadu – Emblem of Tamil Nadu
- Song – “Invocation to Goddess Tamil”
- Dance of Tamil Nadu – Bharatanatyam
- Mammal of Tamil Nadu – Nilgiri Tahr
- Bird of Tamil Nadu – Emerald dove
- Butterfly of Tamil Nadu – Tamil Yeoman
- Flower of Tamil Nadu – Gloriosa lily
- Fruit of Tamil Nadu – Jackfruit
- Tree of Tamil Nadu – Palm Tree
- Sport of Tamil Nadu – Kabaddi
Rajasthan approves Rs 2.60 crore for camel conservation scheme
The Rajasthan government has approved an outlay of Rs 2.60 crore for the Camel Conservation Scheme, aimed at protecting camels. Under the Rajasthan Camel Conservation Scheme, each female camel and calf will be classified by the veterinary doctor and an identity card will be allocated. The camel rearer will be provided Rs 5,000 and the veterinarian will be given Rs 50 honorarium for each identity card. On completion of one year of the camel calf, the rearer will be provided with another instalment of Rs 5,000.
- The govt will send the amount of both installments to the bank account of the camel rearer.
- The chief minister planned to implement the camel conservation and development policy in the budget for the year 2022-23.
About Rajasthan –
- Area: 342,239 km
- Governor: Kalraj Mishra
- Capital: Jaipur (Executive Branch)
- Population: 6.89 crores (2012)
- Chief minister: Ashok Gehlot
- Literacy (2011) – 66.1%
- Sex ratio (2011) – 928 /1000
- State Dance – Ghoomar
- State Mammal – Camel and Chinkara
- State Bird – Godawan
- State Flower – Rohida
- State Tree – Khejri
- State Game – Basketball
Gadkari inaugurates 3 national highway projects worth ₹1206 crores in Siliguri
Union minister for Road, Transport and Highways, Nitin Gadkari inaugurated and laid the foundation stone for three national highway projects worth ₹1,206 crores in Siliguri, West Bengal. The projects include a two-lane ROB in replacement of the level crossing at km 615.5 of NH-31 (Oodlabari).
- The inaugurated projects lead to industrial & economic growth in West Bengal and eastern parts of India with significant inroads for the agricultural sector.
- It will also boost connectivity to northeast India and neighbouring countries such as Nepal, Bhutan, and Bangladesh.
bridge on the Teesta River
- Gadkari announced to built a bridge on the Teesta River will soon be built at the cost of ₹1,100 crores.
Uttarakhand Cabinet Decisions: HC To Be Shifted To Haldwani, Forced Conversion Law Made Stringent
The Uttarakhand cabinet decided to shift the high court from Nainital to Haldwani. The decision was taken in the meeting, chaired by Chief Minister Pushkar Singh Dhami. the govt also made strict amendments to the conversion law, wherein forced conversion will now be a punishable offence with the provision of 10 years of punishment under the new law.
- The cabinet passed a total of 26 resolutions including the rehabilitation of 1,326 families to be affected by the construction of the Jamrani dam and boosting the subsidy on fodder and silage.
Uttarakhand Freedom Of Religion Act, 2018
- In April 2018, the Uttarakhand government passed the Uttarakhand Freedom Of Religion Act, 2018, under which “forced or fraudulent conversions are done through force or allurement” are non-bailable offences and can lead to imprisonment of up to five years.
Sandhya Devanathan appointed as the head of Meta in India division
Facebook-parent Meta has appointed Sandhya Devanathan as its new top executive for the country and Devanathan will assume her new role from 1st January 2023. At present, Devanathan is serving as vice president of gaming for Meta’s Asia-Pacific (APAC) division. As the head of Meta in India division, Sandhya Devanathan will report to Dan Neary, vice-president of Meta’s overall APAC business.
- She also served as the country managing director for Singapore and business head for Vietnam.
- On 9 November, Meta’s chief executive Mark Zuckerberg announced that the company will lay off 11,000 of its employees, or about 13% of its workforce, and freeze all hiring for at least until March 2023.
Sharath Kamal becomes first Indian player elected to ITTF
Star Indian paddler Achanta Sharath Kamal becomes the first player from India who has been elected to the Athletes’ Commission of the International Table Tennis Federation (ITTF).
- Eight athletes including four males and four females have been selected from Asia, Africa, the Americas, Europe, and Oceania.
- All athletes will serve in the Athletes’ Commission for a period of four years from 2022 to 2026
- Sharath will be honored with Major Dhyan Chand Khel Ratna Award, the country’s highest sports recognition in 2022.
Army Chief General Manoj Pande receives Guard of Honour at Les Invalides in Paris
Army Chief General Manoj Pande received a Guard of Honour at the Les Invalides in Paris. Army Chief General Manoj Pande is on a four-day visit to France. on his visit, he also laid a wreath during the rekindling of the flame at Arc de Triomphe and paid tribute to the Bravehearts.
International Convention on Quality Control Circle
NTPC’s QC Team from Unchahar ABHYUDAYA won the “GOLD” award in the 47th International Convention on Quality Control Circle (ICQCC-2022). The convention was held from 15th-18th November in Jakarta. The theme for ICQCC-2022 is “Built Back Better through Quality Efforts”.
- NTPC’s QC Team members are Reyaz Ahamad (Facilitator), Shri Mahesh Chandra, Shri Virendra Kumar Yadav, and Shri Laxmi Kant.
- In March 2022, NTPC was declared the “Dream Employer of the Year” at the 30th Session of the World HRD Congress.
Asian Airgun Championship: Indian junior women’s team wins pistol gold
Indian women’s junior team Manu Bhaker, Esha Singh, and Shikha Narwal won the air pistol team gold at the Asian Airgun Championship in Daegu, Korea and drafted Korea 16-12 after being consistently on top in two-stage qualification.
69th All India cooperative week
69th All India Cooperative Week was celebrated from 14 November to 20 November to honor the Cooperative sectors in India. The nation has been observing the National Cooperative Week since 1953. The theme of the weeklong celebration is “India@75: Growth of Cooperatives and Future Ahead”.
★★★★ You Can Also Read ★★★★
|Computer Awareness Quiz Questions Set (Banking)|
|Read Daily Current Affairs Topic Wise|
|Daily Current Affairs Quiz (Current GK Test)|
|Static Gk Quiz Questions and Answers|
Daily Current Affairs, Daily Current Affairs 18 November 2022, Daily Current Affairs Quiz, Daily Current Affairs MCQ, 18 November 2022 Current Affairs, 18 November Current Affairs PDF, 18 November Current Affairs Cloud, November Daily Current Affairs, Current Affairs Quiz in Hindi, Current Affairs in Hindi, Current Affairs for UPSC, Current Affairs for UPPSC, Current Affairs for State PCS Exam, Current Affairs for SSC Exams, Current Affairs for Government Jobs exam, UPSC Interview Questions, Interview Questions, IAS Interview Questions, SSC Interview Questions, Zee Media Daily Current Affairs Quiz, Current Affairs Today, Current Affairs 2022, Daily Current Affairs in Hindi, Current Affairs Classes, Daily Current Affairs News, Daily Current Affairs 2022, Daily Current Affairs Booster, Most Important Current Affairs
For all the latest Updates, download PrepareExams App.