Daily Current Affairs 18 February 2023
Daily Current Affairs 18 February 2023 in English: Today GK Updates for Bank Exam – Here, you will find Daily Current Affairs events that will help you to get more marks in Banking, Insurance, SSC, Railways, UPSC, CLAT, and all State Government Exams. also, get Latest Current Affairs Quiz and Monthly Current Affairs 2023 PDF to crack your exams.
Indian Railways launches Rail Post Gati Shakti Express Cargo Service (Joint Parcel Product of Railways and India Post)
Indian Railways and India Posts launched Rail Post Gati Shakti Express Cargo Service, a Joint Parcel Product of Railways and India Post, which is an initiative of a partnership between Indian Railways and India Posts. It will help in providing seamless logistics for the services sector in the country.
- In the 1st phase, Rail Post Gati Shakti Express Cargo Service will cover four sectors -Delhi to Kolkata; Bangalore to Guwahati, Surat to Muzaffarpur and Hyderabad to Hazrat Nizamuddin.
India’s Indigenously developed communication link called VAYULINK
The Indian Air Force developed an innovative solution with a new data link communication called VAYULINK. it aims to help pilots to deal with bad weather and also provide them jammer-proof uninterrupted communication with the base station.
- Vayulink the data link communication will use the Indian Regional Navigation Satellite System (IRNSS) called NAVIC.
- It will send radio communication to the base station when the signals are low.
- The Vayulink system will also help in preventing aircraft collision, provides better combat teaming and helps plan real-time basis where multiple teams can get together and go towards the target coming from different areas.
India ranks 47th in OECD’s services trade restrictiveness index
India stood at 47th position in Services Trade Restrictiveness Index (STRI), Reflecting the presence of huge market barriers in the country. The organisation for Economic Cooperation and Development (OECD) released Services Trade Restrictiveness Index (STRI) 2023.
- As per the STRI Index, Japan was ranked topmost.
- It was followed by UK, Netherlands, Czech, and Chile in second, third, fourth, and fifth places respectively.
India, Fiji sign MoU on visa exemption for official passport holders
India and Fiji signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) on visa exemption for holders of diplomatic and official passports, aimed at encouraging greater travel between our two countries.
- The diplomatic and official passport holders in India and Fiji can now enter, transit through, stay and leave each other’s territories without a visa for a period not exceeding 90 days.
LG Manoj Sinha inaugurates Forest Resource Management Centre, launches National Transit Pass System in Jammu
In Jammu and Kashmir, Lieutenant Governor Manoj Sinha inaugurated the Forest Resource Management Centre (FRMC) and launched the National Transit Pass Systemat at Narwal in Jammu, aimed at ensuring the required protection and management of our forests.
- J&K UT becomes the 3rd UT/State to implement the National Transit Pass System and has replaced manual paper-based transit systems with online transit systems and promotes agro-forestry activities.
Gujarat CM launches 6th phase of Sujalam-Sufalam Jal Abhiyan at Khoraj in Gandhinagar
Gujarat Chief Minister Bhupendra Patel launched the sixth phase of Sujalam-Sufalam Jal Abhiyan at Khoraj in Gandhinagar, aimed at raising the groundwater level and maximising the use of rainwater will be held for 104 days till 31st May 2023.
Ministry of Textiles conducts the Technotex 2023 in Mumbai
Ministry of Textiles will organize India’s forthcoming premier show on Technical Textiles,‘Technotex 2023: Envisioning Indian Technical [email protected] 2047’, to be held from 22nd to 24th February 2023 at Bombay Exhibition Centre, Goregaon, Mumbai.
- Ministry of Textiles will promote technical textiles, which includes textiles meant for some specific purpose like Medical, Defence, Industrial, Agriculture, Automotive, Building, Packaging textiles etc.
Senior officer Lalithalakshmi was appointed as the new Director of the Prime Minister’s Office
Senior officer Lalithalakshmi was elected as the new Director of the Prime Minister’s Office. at present, she is serving as the Campus Director of the National Institute of Fashion Technology (NIFT) in Kolkata.
- Lalithalakshmi is an IAS from West Bengal Division in 2008.
- She will assume the charge as the Director of the Prime Minister’s Office till February 28, 2027.
Rajesh Kumar was appointed as New CEO Of Bharat Aluminium Company
Rajesh Kumar has been appointed as the new CEO and Whole Time Director of Bharat Aluminum Company Limited (BALCO). BALCO is India’s iconic aluminium producer and a subsidiary of Vedanta Aluminum Business.
- Rajesh Kumar will take place of Abhijit Pati, who will now serve as Vedanta Aluminum’s Chief Transformation Officer.
- Rajesh Kumar holds 36 years of experience in operations, maintenance, and project implementation in Tata Steel’s Indian and Thai units.
‘Prathista Puraskar’ – ‘Digidhan Awards 2021-22’
Karnataka Bank won the ‘Prathista Puraskar award under ‘Digidhan Awards 2021-22’ for achieving the target with the highest percentage in BHIM-UPI transactions in the private sector bank category and the award was presented by the Union Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology.
- Labelled as ‘KBL-NxT’, the Bank is currently undertaking an accelerated digital drive under its Transformation Journey ‘KBL VIKAAS 2.0’.
R.S. Dhillon, CMD, PFC conferred with the Prestigious “CMD Leadership Award”
Ravinder Singh Dhillon, Chairman & Managing Director of Power Finance Corporation Ltd (PFC) has been conferred with the prestigious “CMD Leadership Award (Maharatna)” by Governance Now (SAB TV Group) in recognition of his stellar leadership, path-breaking energy transition initiatives, remarkable achievements and contribution to the accelerated development of the Power Sector.
- Justice Dipak Mishra, Former Chief Justice of India, Supreme Court presented the award to Ravinder Singh Dhillon.
- R.S Dhillon holds a B.E. (Electrical) degree from Thapar Institute of Engineering & Technology and an M.Tech. in Power Systems from IIT Delhi.
Tamil Nadu appoints Sulakshan Kulkarni as head coach
Former Mumbai cricketer and coach Sulakshan Kulkarni has been appointed as the head coach of the Tamil Nadu senior men’s team for the 2023-24 and 2024-25 seasons. The 56-year-old Kulkarni will replace former India cricketer M Venkataramana.
- Kulkarni also coached Mumbai to the Ranji title in the 2012-13 season.
- He played 65 first-class matches, scoring 3332 runs (including six hundred) and took 122 catches and effected 21 stumpings.
Tulsidas Balaram, the last of India’s golden trio, dies at 85
Tulsidas Balaram passed away at the age of 85 Due to a kidney infection. he was a former Indian football player, who lived in Uttarpara, West Bengal. He was part of the Indian football team that won the gold medal in the 1962 Asian Games. He received the Arjuna Award in 1962.
★★★★ You Can Also Read ★★★★
|Computer Awareness Quiz Questions Set (Banking)|
|Read Daily Current Affairs Topic Wise|
|Daily Current Affairs Quiz (Current GK Test)|
|Static Gk Quiz Questions and Answers|
📣 Prepare Exams is now on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube Channel, and Google News to get all the latest News first Like, Follow and bookmark our website @ PrepareExams.com.
For all the latest Updates, download PrepareExams App.