Daily Current Affairs 11 May 2023 in English: Today GK Updates for Bank Exam – Here, you will find Daily Current Affairs events that will help you to get more marks in Banking, Insurance, SSC, Railways, UPSC, CLAT, and all State Government Exams. also, get Latest Current Affairs Quiz and Monthly Current Affairs 2023 PDF to crack your exams.
India tops the list of 10 countries with 51% live births
As per the United Nations report, India is leading a list of 10 countries that together account for 60% of global maternal deaths, stillbirths and newborn deaths, and 51% of live births globally.
- the WHO, UNICEF, and the UNFPA prepared the report, which was launched at the ongoing ‘International Maternal Newborn Health Conference’ (IMNHC 2023).
- The report indicates there were a combined 4.5 million deaths — maternal deaths (0.29 million), stillbirths (1.9 million) and newborn deaths (2.3 million) — in 2020-2021.
- In 2020, India saw 7,88,000 maternal deaths, stillbirths and neonatal deaths which is a total of 4.5 million deaths globally.
PM Modi to launch various projects in Rajasthan to boost infrastructure & connectivity
The Learning Management Information System (LMIS) of the Ministry of Health and Family Welfare (MoHFW) titled SAKSHAM (Stimulating Advanced Knowledge for Sustainable Health Management) has been launched by the Union Health Secretary. The digital platform was developed by the National Institute of Health & Family Welfare (NIHFW) in New Delhi.
- SAKSHAM is a dedicated and unified platform, aimed at providing online training and medical education to all health professionals in the country.
- This digital learning platform will help in ensuring inclusive capacity building of health professionals from primary health centres located in rural and remote areas all the way up to tertiary care and corporate hospitals in metropolitan cities.
Zimbabwe Launches Gold-Backed Digital Currency To Replace US Dollar
Zimbabwe launched gold-backed local digital tokens, aimed at reducing reliance and dependence on the US dollar. the Reserve Bank of Zimbabwe (RBZ) announced that the gold-backed tokens will be fully backed by physical gold held by the Bank.
- Citizens can the currency to carry out peer-to-peer payments and transactions.
- Gold-backed digital tokens are introduced to expand the value-preserving instruments available in the economy.
- The step will help in enhancing the divisibility of the investment instruments and widening the access and usage by the public.
Jewellery Exposition 2023 in Dubai
In Dubai, The Gems and Jewellery Export Promotion Council launched the first-of-its-kind jewellery exposition centre called “India Jewellery Exposition 2023 ( IJEX 2023)” to celebrate the first anniversary of the India- UAE CEPA. It is a Global Business Touchpoint, especially for GJEPC members to connect with international buyers.
- Rajesh Kumar singh, Secretary DPIIT inaugurated the centre.
- Kirit Bhansali Vice Chairman GJEPC Sunjay Sudhir, Assistant Undersecretary – Foreign Trade Affairs at Ministry of Economy Juma Al Kait, were also present.
- IJEX is located opposite the Gold Souk in Deira Dubai.
- It will help in promoting specific categories of ‘Made in India’ gems and jewellery.
CM Jagan launches toll-free grievance helpline 1902
Chief Minister Jagan Reddy launched a toll-free grievance redressal helpline number 1902 as part of the ‘Jaganannaku Chebudam’ programme, held at the camp office. The Chief Minister also launched the ‘Jagannaku Chebudam’ website.
- The ‘Jaganannaku Chebudam’ programme aims to identify a solution for the problems.
- Jaganannaku Chebudam will be a new outreach programme and an improved version of the Spandana programme.
- It will involve District Collectors Commissioners Secretaries, and all the officials.
- It will focus on resolving people’s grievances on a priority basis.
Madhya Pradesh Farmer’s Loan Waiver Scheme
The Madhya Pradesh cabinet approved a proposal of an amount of Rs 2,123 crore to waive the interest on loans of 11.19 lakh defaulter farmers in the state. On 9th May 2023, the state cabinet gave the approval during a meeting of the cabinet held. the cabinet decided to include the farmers whose loan amounts and interest collectively are under Rs 2,00,000 in the Farmer’s Loan Waiver Scheme.
- The interest waiver will enable these farmers to avail of loans from cooperative societies without any interest, empowering them to procure fertilizers and seeds for their Kharif crops.
Assam Chief Minister plans to remove AFSP Act from 5 districts in Assam
Assam Chief Minister Himanta Biswa Sharma planned to remove the “Armed Forces Special Powers Act” from 5 districts of the state by this year.
- State govt will prohibit polygamy through a state act rather than the Uniform Civil Code (UCC).
- The govt will also decide to intensify the arrest of child marriage accused.
- Assam CM will launch the CM Ayushman Asom Card and all ration card holders of the state will get the benefit.
- In 2023, the government procured 5 lakh 25 thousand MT rice and plans to procure 20 lakh MT rice in five years.
India & Canada signed an MoU to explore enhanced cooperation in the future
India and Canada signed an agreement to explore enhanced cooperation through measures such as coordinated investment promotion, information exchange and mutual support in future. Commerce and Industry Minister Piyush Goyal and Canadian counterpart Mary Ng co-chaired the 6th India-Canada Ministerial Dialogue on Trade and Investment on 8th May 2023 in Ottawa, Canada.
- Both countries highlighted the solid foundation of the trade and economic relationship between Canada and India and recognized the significant opportunity to heighten bilateral ties and economic partnerships.
World Lupus Day 2023
Each year, World Lupus Day is commemorated on May 10 to raise awareness about this chronic, autoimmune disease. In 2004, The Day was created by Lupus Canada, aimed at raising awareness of this lesser-known disease that can have severe effects on patients and their families.
- Lupus was named after the Latin word for “wolf”.
- Lupus is a serious health condition that affects the immune system.
- Lupus is caused when the immune system attacks its own tissue and it destroys healthy tissue and causes pain and inflammation in all parts of the body.
National Technology Day 2023
National Technology Day is observed on 11th May every year in India to mark the anniversary of the 1998 Pokhran nuclear tests and India’s technological advancements in space. it also aims to encourage students to adopt science as a career option.
- In the year 1998, India tested successfully an Operation Shakti missile at the Indian Army’s Pokhran Test Range in Rajasthan.
- the aerospace engineer and President Dr APJ Abdul Kalam led Operation Shakti missile.
- This day was established by Atal Bihari Vajpayee, the former prime minister of India to celebrate the Pokhran nuclear test.
★★★★ You Can Also Read ★★★★
|Computer Awareness Quiz Questions Set (Banking)|
|Read Daily Current Affairs Topic Wise|
|Daily Current Affairs Quiz (Current GK Test)|
|Static Gk Quiz Questions and Answers|
📣 Prepare Exams is now on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube Channel, and Google News to get all the latest News first Like, Follow and bookmark our website @PrepareExams.com.
For all the latest Updates, download PrepareExams App.