Daily Current Affairs 1 May 2023 in English: Today GK Updates for Bank Exam – Here, you will find Daily Current Affairs events that will help you to get more marks in Banking, Insurance, SSC, Railways, UPSC, CLAT, and all State Government Exams. also, get Latest Current Affairs Quiz and Monthly Current Affairs 2023 PDF to crack your exams.
|Subscribe To YouTube|
|Follow Us on Instagram|
|Join Facebook Page|
Govt revises nutritional standards in its food safety schemes for kids
The Govt of India revised the nutritional standards of meals at schools and anganwadis, augmenting the proportion of calories and protein. States and Union Territories have no restrictions to add eggs and other items on the menu of food safety programmes such as midday meals (now known as PM Poshan) at schools, or the Integrated Child Development Services (ICDS) scheme at anganwadis that covers preschool children, pregnant and lactating mothers.
- After the amendment, the protein quantity has been hiked to 15-20 gms, while fat (18-21 gms) and carbohydrates (70 gms) are part of the mix.
- Standards for micronutrients are fixed calcium 170 mg, zinc 2 mg; iron 3.5 mg; dietary folate 50 micrograms, Vitamin A 100 micrograms; Vitamin B6 0.43 micrograms; Vitamin B12 0.66 micrograms.
Govt will push Early Childhood Care and Education through Anganwadis under ‘Poshan Bhi, Padhai Bhi’
Indian Govt will push ‘Early Childhood Care and Education through 14 lahks Anganwadi centres in 2023 under the ‘Poshan Bhi, Padhai Bhi’ slogan. The Anganwadi centres are to be reimagined and recalibrated to focus only on the nutritional aspect of children and mothers.
Historian Ranajit Guha, a pioneering figure in subaltern studies, died at 99
A pioneering figure in subaltern studies Historian Ranajit Guha passed away at the age of 99 at his house in Vienna Woods, Austria, where he had settled after his retirement from Australian National University in 1988. He is widely considered a classic to mainstream the history of marginalised farmers and their suppressed voice in the Indian subcontinent, Guha’s Elementary Aspects of Peasant Insurgency in Colonial India (1983).
- His notable books are A Rule of Property for Bengal (1963); Elementary Aspects of Peasant Insurgency in Colonial India (1983) and Dominance without Hegemony: History and Power in Colonial India (1997).
Maharashtra Day 2023
Every year, Maharashtra Day is observed on May 1st to commemorate the formation of the state of Maharashtra after the bifurcation of the Bombay State on May 1, 1960. During the British rule, Maharashtra was a part of the Bombay Presidency. In 1947, India gained independence and the Bombay Presidency was retained as a province of India. On May 1, 1960, the Bombay State was bifurcated into Maharashtra and Gujarat, and Maharashtra came into existence as a separate state.
Gujarat Day 2023
Every year, Gujarat Day is celebrated on May 1st to mark the foundation of the state of Gujarat, which is the ninth-largest state in the country. moreover, the state has the fifth largest state in terms of area. ‘Jewel of Western India’, Gujarat has been on the world map since ancient ages. Gujarat was authoritatively established in 1960 after the impression of the state originated in the year 1928 in a magazine by the name Kumar.
- Freedom fighter and writer K M Munshi originally proposed a concept called Mahagujarat.
- Forbes published the list of the world’s fastest-growing cities in 2010 and Ahmedabad ranked at number 3 after Chongqing and Chengdu cities of China.
International Labour Day 2023
Every year, International Labour Day is observed on May 1st. this day aims to spread awareness among people regarding the global concerns of humanity. In India, the 1st Labour Day or May Day was celebrated in Madras (now known as Chennai) by the Labour Kisan Party of Hindustan on May 1st, 1923.
- May Day or Labour Day was started with a concept that started the eight-hour movement thus promoting a schedule of eight hours for labour, eight hours for recreation, and eight hours for rest.
- The day honours the enormous amount of effort put in by the working class, informs them of their rights, and protects them against exploitation.
★★★★ You Can Also Read ★★★★
|Computer Awareness Quiz Questions Set (Banking)|
|Read Daily Current Affairs Topic Wise|
|Daily Current Affairs Quiz (Current GK Test)|
|Static Gk Quiz Questions and Answers|
📣 Prepare Exams is now on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube Channel, and Google News to get all the latest News first Like, Follow and bookmark our website @PrepareExams.com.
For all the latest Updates, download PrepareExams App.