International Labour Day 2022: History, Significance – Every year, International Labour Day is observed on May 1st. this day aims to spread awareness among people regarding the global concerns of humanity. In India, the 1st Labour Day or May Day was celebrated in Madras (now known as Chennai) by the Labour Kisan Party of Hindustan on May 1st, 1923.
- On 01 May 1986, people began a strike in the United States of America because they wanted to fix the working duration to a maximum of 8 hours per day.
- after three days, on 4th May, a bomb blasted in which many people died and were severely injured.
- in order to pay respect, the socialist pan-national organization commenced making 1st May International Labour Day.
- The main purpose of observing International Labour Day is to spread awareness about the workers and labours who are investing their time and toil in different available work options.
- The day highlights paying respect for any kind of work.
Theme 2020 –
- Last year, the theme 2019 for International Labour Day was ‘Uniting the workers for economic as well as social advancement”.
- In 2020, the Theme has been changed due to the COVID-19 Disease alert in the world, the theme for International Labour Day 2020 is – maintaining safety and security at the workplace.
★★★★ You Can Also Read ★★★★
|Computer Awareness Quiz Questions Set (Banking)|
|Read Daily Current Affairs Topic Wise|
|Daily Current Affairs Quiz (Current GK Test)|
|Static Gk Quiz Questions and Answers|
For all the latest Updates, download PrepareExams App.