Dear Students ,Today we have come with Current Affairs of 23 August 2019 . PrepareExams is giving you Daily Updated Current Affairs for Govt Exams about 30 August Current Affairs Day ,Banking and Business , Science and Technology, Sports related , National and International currents . Have a look Current Affairs of every day here and keep yourself updated with Daily news.
Current Affairs English
Current Affairs : Important Days
International Day of Remembrance and Tribute to the Victims of Terrorism
- in 2017 UN General Assembly created the International Day of Remembrance and Tribute to the Victims of Terrorism. To honour the perpetrators and survivors of terrorism, it named 21 August as the International
Day of Remembrance and Tribute to the Victims of Terrorism.
- International Day to commemorate the victims of religious or religious acts of violence. At a session of the United Nations General Assembly (UNGA), August 22 was appointed as the International Day commemorating the victims of acts of violence based on religion or belief.
- The global day seeks at honoring the victims and survivors of horrible deeds that are often overlooked
Current Affairs : National
Committee set up to advise the government on the move to fit India
- An advisory committee consisting representatives of the Indian Olympic Association (IOA), National Sports Federations (NSFs), public representatives, personal individuals and famous fitness lovers was set up to educate the public on the Fit India Movement to be introduced on August 29 by Prime Minister Narendra Modi .
- The Ministry of Youth and Sports has said that the movement’s national implementation will inculcate physical activity / sport into residents ‘ regular life to enhance their physical fitness and well-being.
- The commission will be chaired by minister of athletics Kiren Rijiju. Accordingly, an advisory committee is set up with representatives of the govt, the Indian Sports Authority (SAI), the IOA and NSFs such as the Indian Athletics Federation, the All India Football Federation, the Indian Cycling Federation and so on.
Government to establish a gateway for e-commerce to assist SMEs
- The govt plans to introduce an e-commerce scheme for micro-small and medium-sized companies (MSME) called Bharatcraft on the basis of the global online shopping system like Alibaba.
- The system suggested could produce Rs 10 trillion in turnover over the next few years. To facilitate links to economic and non-financial support requirements of MSMEs, the govt had introduced the Udyog Mitra gateway.
Haryana CM raises the BPL family’s revenue cap to Rs 15000
- Haryana Chief Minister Manohar Lal has made a decision to rise in the household income limit of a household to register as a beneficiary under the Below Poverty Line (BPL) system from Rs 10,000 per month to Rs 15,000 per month to ensure that high-skilled families benefit from various government schemes provided for them.
- He opened and set the foundation stone for the Panchkula district of nine growth initiatives valued Rs 93.29 crore.
Current Affairs : international
India is providing Rs 233 to Nepal for infrastructure initiatives
- India supplied Nepal’s government with Rs 233 crore for numerous infrastructure initiatives, including highways and housing renovation damaged in the 2015 massive earthquake that killed more than 9,000 individuals.
- The decision was taken at the 5th meeting of the Joint Commission of Nepal-India attended by Minister of External Affairs S Jaishankar.A check of INR153 crore (NR 2.45 billion) was given for the restoration of buildings in the districts of Nuwakot and Gorkha that were severely impacted during the earthquake on the date.
- Similarly, India also turned over an INR 80.71 crore check to build Hulaki Marga (Postal Roads) in Nepal’s Terai region.
Current Affairs : Banking
RBI Says RTGS Open at 7 AM rather than 8 AM
- To raise the accessibility of the RTGS scheme, RBI was chosen to stretch RTGS ‘ working hours and start customer and bank activities from 7:00 am instead of 8 am. The expanded timing of client operations will apply from 26 August onwards.
RBI enables repetitive transaction e-mandate handling on cards
- The Reserve Bank allowed the processing of e-mandate on credit and debit cards with a cap of Rs 2,000 for recurring transactions (merchant payments).
- The RBI received applications from sector participants to enable e-mandate handling during e-mandate registering and first transaction for repeated operations with Additional Authentication Factor (AFA).
- For a transaction on cards under the e-mandate facility, the maximum allowable limit would be Rs 2,000. The RBI stated that no fees should be charged or retrieved from the cardholder for repeated operations using the e-mandate system on payments.
Current Affairs : Appointments and resigns
PM Modi endorses Ajay Kumar Bhalla as Secretary of the New Home
- Ajay Kumar Bhalla, presently working as Special Duty Officer in the Ministry of Home Affairs, has been designated as the fresh Head of the Union. The cabinet review committee led by Prime Minister Narendra Modi endorsed the selection of Bhalla as the fresh home secretary. He replaces the new secretary of the cabinet, Rajiv Gauba.
Ajay Kumar’s name for a Defense Secretary
- Ajay Kumar has been produced by the Cabinet Appointments Committee (ACC), Government of India (GoI) as the current Secretary of Defense but without 2 years of service.
- He is going to substitute Sanjay Mitra. Ajay Kumar presently serves as the Secretary of the Production Department of Defense.
Current Affairs : Awards and hounors
The ‘ Pushkin Medal 2019 ‘ was awarded to JNU Professor Meeta Narain
- The ‘ Pushkin Medal–2019 ‘ was given by JNU Professor Meeta Narain. It is the Russian government’s greatest honor provided to an Indian scholar. A Russian language and literature scientist receives the Pushkin Medal. It is provided to Russian studies for an exceptional input.
Today Current Affairs : In PrepareExams.com website, students will get Daily Current Affairs and Current Affairs of 23 August 2019 in both languages Hindi and english. check Daily Current Affairs 23 August 2019 in english and Daily Current Affairs in hindi which is more important for current students who are preparing for the Student Government Examination. latest current affairs 23 August 2019 prepare for exam, This website gives student daily and monthly gk 23 August 2019 . gk current affair of 23 August 2019 , get 23 August Current Affairs