Current Affairs 20 August 2019
Dear Students ,Today we have come with Current Affairs of 20 August 2019 . PrepareExams is giving you Daily Updated Current Affairs for Govt Exams about 20 August Current Affairs Day ,Banking and Business , Science and Technology, Sports related , National and International currents . Have a look Current Affairs of every day here and keep yourself updated with Daily news.
Current Affairs English
Current Affairs : Important Days
World Mosquito Day
- Every year on 20 August, the World Mosquito Day commemorates the 1897 discovery by British doctor Sir Ronald Ross that female mosquitoes transmit malaria among people.
- This event increases awareness for risk of malaria and other illnesses that the deadliest animal in the world is transmitting.
- Every year on 20 August, Sadbhavna Divas commemorates our late Prime Minister Rajiv Gandhi’s memory. Sadbhavna is known as goodwill and bonafide in English.
Current Affairs : National
Government eliminates the requirement for debenture reserves for HFCs, NBFCs and listed companies
- The government has abolished the reserve redemption requirement for non-bank financial firms, residential finance firms, and listed firms to issue debentures, a move targeted at decreasing the cost of raising capital.
- The requirement to create a Debenture Redemption Reserve (DRR) of 25% of the value of outstanding debentures has been removed for listed companies. This involves both government and private placements NBFCs registered with RBI and Housing Finance Companies registered with the National Housing Bank (NHB).
- For non-listed firms, Debenture Redemption Reserve (DRR) has been decreased from 25 percent to 10 percent for non-listed firms in order to protect investor interests.
The first India’s Chemical Engineering and Technology Institute in Gujarat
- Gujarat will establish the country’s first Central Institute of Chemical Engineering & Technology (CICET) to increase the chemical sector. At either Ahmedabad or Surat, the CICET will come up.
Current Affairs : Banking
credit card issued by Japan Credit Bureau
- The NPCI and the Japan Credit Bureau (JCB), International, announced that they would launch a fresh credit card — RuPay JCB Global Cards — in Mumbai. A fresh credit card is now available. The partnership for the connection to a worldwide trading and ATM network was created in 2015.
- Whereas the first stage of the NPCI-JCB partnership allowed merchants and ATMs to accept foreign JCB credit cards in India, the second stage would allow Indian travelers to use their JCB credit card in foreign nations where the card is approved.
- Eight banks in India, including State Bank of India, Punjab National Bank, Axis Bank, Union Bank of India, Central Bank of India, Andhra Bank, City Union Bank and TJSB Bank, will start giving RuPay JCB Global Cards to its customers in India.
Current Affairs : Appointments and resigns
Manmohan Singh has been chosen Rajya Sabha
- Indian Ex Prime Minister Manmohan Singh has been elected from Rajasthan to the Rajya Sabha. Congress nominated Manmohan Singh, however , Rajya Sabha MP, Madan Lal Saini ,died thats why no candidate was announced for bypoll by BJP party .
- Manmohan singh worked as Upper House of Parliament’s member from Assam . he also become PM from year 2004 to 2014 .
Madhur Deora as new president of Paytm
- Paytm has appointed Madhu Deora as new President of Firm .now he is working as CFO of Company. before, he worked as MD in Citigroup
Current Affairs : Sports
Cincinnati Masters champions Title
- Daniil Medvedev and Madison Keys got Cincinnati Masters Title in men’s and women’s single
First test’s Concussion substitute is as Australian batsmen Labuschagne
- The batsman of Australia Marnus Labuschagne becomes first player in cricket in world to be concussion substitute in test format, he replace Steve Smith as he was got bouncer hit on neck
Current Affairs : Obituary
Ex CM of Bihar Jagannath Mishra died
- at the age of 82 years , Ex CM of bihar Jagannath Mishra died . he was suffering with cancer from a long time.
Congress’s senior Leader Sahura Mallick died
- Congress’s Senior leader and EX Bihar’s CM Sahura Mallick died at age of 85 years old. Mallick, who worked as a teacher before entering politics, was very popular in the region and was elected in 1974, 1980 and 1985 from Baliguda,
Today Current Affairs : In PrepareExams.com website, students will get Daily Current Affairs and Current Affairs of 20 August 2019 in both languages Hindi and english. check Daily Current Affairs 20 August 2019 in english and Daily Current Affairs in hindi which is more important for current students who are preparing for the Student Government Examination. latest current affairs 20 August 2019 prepare for exam, This website gives student daily and monthly gk 20 August 2019 . gk current affair of 20 August 2019 , get 20 August Current Affairs