Constitution Day 2022: Date, History, & Facts about Our Samvidhan – In 2015, Union Cabinet decided to celebrate November 26th as Constitution Day to advance “constitutional values among residents”. The day was declared to mark the 125th birth anniversary of BR Ambedkar, the Chairman of the Drafting Committee of the Constitution.
- 26 November marks a very special day for independent India because on this day, India adopted the present constitution to make the shield of the citizens. Constitution Day of India is celebrated on 26 November every year in the country. Until recently, 26th November was also known as National Law Day.
Constitution Day 2022: History
- In 2015, the Indian Govt established constitution day on 26 November to create awareness about the Constitution among the citizens of India and to propagate constitutional values.
Constitution Day 2022: Interesting Facts
- It took around 2 years 11 months 18 days to prepare the Indian Constitution.
- Indian constitution is the largest written constitution in the world.
- The renowned writer Prem Narayan Raizada made the original copies of the constitution.