Britain becomes first country to approve Merck’s Covid-19 pill molnupiravir
Britain has become the first country in the world that has given its approval for a COVID-19 antiviral pill named “Lagevrio (molnupiravir)“. the molnupiravir COVID-19 antiviral pill has been jointly developed by U.S.-based Merck & Co Inc and Ridgeback Biotherapeutics.
- The Pill will help in fighting against the pandemic Covid-19.
- The molnupiravir pill is safe and effective and can halve the chances of dying or being hospitalised for those most at risk of developing severe COVID-19 when given early in the illness.
What is molnupiravir: side effects
- Molnupiravir is from a class of antivirals called mutagenic ribonucleotides that can change the viral genetic material and introduce errors to prevent replication and transcription of the viral genome.
- Molnupiravir (MK-4482/EIDD-2801) is an investigational, orally administered form of a potent ribonucleoside analog that inhibits the replication of SARS-CoV-2, the causative agent of COVID-19.
- The company is yet to declare the price of the antiviral COVID-19 pills.
- molnupiravir covid
- side effects of molnupiravir
- molnupiravir merck
- molnupiravir approval
- molnupiravir cost
- molnupiravir brand name
- ridgeback biotherapeutics
For all the latest Updates, download PrepareExams App.