Every year, the anniversary of his birth, Benjamin Franklin Day is observed on January 17 across the world to honour one of the most important Founding Fathers of the United States.
Who was Benjamin Franklin?
- Benjamin Franklin was an American polymath who was active as a writer, scientist, inventor, statesman, diplomat, printer, publisher, and political philosopher.
- He was born on January 17, 1706, and died on April 17, 1790.
- He was one of the Founding Fathers of the United States, a drafter and signer of the United States Declaration of Independence, and the first United States Postmaster General.
- He paid a lot of contributions to science, literature, and politics.
- Franklin is credited with creating a number of useful inventions, including the lightning rod and bifocal glasses.
benjamin franklin inventions
- Swim fins (1717)
- Franklin/Pennsylvania stove (1741)
- Lightning rod (1750)
- Flexible Catheter (1752)
- 24-hour, three-wheel clock (1757)
- Glass armonica, (1762)
- Bifocals (1784)
- Long arm (extension arm) to reach high books (1786)
When did benjamin franklin die?
- He Died on April 17, 1790, at the age of 84 in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, U.S.
When was benjamin franklin born?
- He was born on January 17, 1706 [O.S. January 6, 1705] [Note 1] in Boston, Massachusetts Bay, British America