Atal Mission For Rejuvenation And Urban Transformation – Atal Mission for Rejuvenation and Urban Transformation (AMRUT) has been launched in June 2015 by PM Narendra Modi under the Government of India. The AMRUT scheme is the rename of the Jawaharlal Nehru National Urban Renewal Mission.
Key Highlights of AMRUT Scheme
|Scheme Nam||Atal Mission for Rejuvenation and Urban Transformation|
|Year of launching||June 2015|
|Launched by||PM Narendra Modi|
|Government Ministry||Ministry of Housing and Urban Affairs|
Atal Mission for Rejuvenation and Urban Transformation (AMRUT): Purpose
- The AMRUT scheme aims to provide basic civic amenities to the urban areas to improve the quality of life with a major focus on the poor and the disadvantaged.
- It also aims to reduce pollution by switching to public transport or constructing facilities for non-motorized transport.
- It Ensures that every household should have an access to a tap with an assured supply of water and a sewerage connection.
Atal Mission for Rejuvenation and Urban Transformation 2.0 (AMRUT 2.0) scheme
The Atal Mission for Rejuvenation and Urban Transformation 2.0 (AMRUT 2.0) scheme was launched on 01 October 2021 for the period of 05 years i.e. from the financial year 2021-22 to the financial year 2025-26. AMRUT 2.0 has been designed to offer universal coverage of water supply through functional taps to all households in all the statutory towns in India and coverage of sewerage/septage management in 500 cities covered in the first phase of the AMRUT scheme.
Components of the AMRUT
The components of the AMRUT consist of
- capacity building,
- reform implementation,
- water supply,
- sewerage and septage management,
- storm water drainage,
- urban transport and development of green spaces and parks.
Eligibility – AMRUT Scheme
- no eligibility is required for the scheme.
Documents Required – AMRUT Scheme
- There are no documents required for the scheme.
Application Process – AMRUT Scheme
Urban Local Bodies (ULBs) will execute Projects so The applicant will not have to apply for the scheme.
★★★★ You Can Also Read ★★★★
|Computer Awareness Quiz Questions Set (Banking)|
|Read Daily Current Affairs Topic Wise|
|Daily Current Affairs Quiz (Current GK Test)|
|Static Gk Quiz Questions and Answers|
For all the latest Updates, download PrepareExams App.