AP Govt Signs an MoU with Hindustan Unilever Ltd
- The Andhra Pradesh state govt has signed an MoU with three International FMCG companies – 1) Procter and Gamble (P&G), 2) ITC ltd and 3) Hindustan Unilever Ltd (HUL). the aim of this MoU is to support marketing and technology to empower the economy of the women and to make them self-reliant.
- The AP govt is planning to begin two schemes YSR Cheyutha and YSR Asara that will provide their supports to empower women across the state. YSR Cheyutha and YSR Asara schemes will run for the period of four years and each year almost 11000 crore rupees will be spent and total 44,000 crores rupees is to be distributed to nearly One crore women.
YSR Cheyutha scheme –
- YSR Cheyutha scheme is going to be begun on August 12, 2020. the main purpose of this scheme is to provide supports to women of the minority groups (SC, ST, BC) who are aged between 45 and 60.
- Govt plans to provide 18,750 rupees per year as Financial assistance to women so that they can be self-reliant and change their economic status. therefore, almost women will get 75,000 rupees Financial assistance from state govt in the period of four years.
- State Govt will spend almost 4,500 crore rupees Under this scheme.
YSR Asara scheme –
- The AP govt will launch the YSR Asara Scheme in September 2020 and it will give benefits to nearly 90 lakh women across the state.
- The AP govt will distribute nearly 6,700 crores rupees Under this scheme.
Static Gk About Andhra Pradesh state –
Formation – 1 November 1956
Largest city – Visakhapatnam
District – 13
Capital – Amaravati
Governor – Biswabhusan Harichandan
Chief Minister – Y. S. Jaganmohan Reddy
State Language – Telugu
State Song – Maa Telugu Thalliki
State Dance – Kuchipudi
State Mammal – Blackbuck
State Bird – Parrot
State Fish – Mudfish
State Flower – Jasmine
State Fruit – Mango
State Tree – Neem
State Sport – Kabaddi