Amit Shah inaugurates ‘Gatha Swaraj Ki’ gallery in Scindia Museum Gwalior – Union Home Minister Shri Amit Shah Ji inaugurated a gallery-cum-exhibition depicting the history of prominent Maratha commanders at the sprawling Jai Vilas Mahal of Scindias, the erstwhile rulers of Gwalior. Amit Shah went the foundation for the terminal building and expansion of the Rajmata Vijayaraje Scindia Airport.
- Amit Shah also visited the museum in the palace and inaugurated the ‘Gatha Swaraj ki-Maratha Gallery’ representing the history of the main Maratha rulers such as the Scindias, Gaikwads, Holkars, Nevalkars, Bhosales and the Pawar.
- Sakharam Ganesh Deoskar used the word “Swaraj” in a Bangla book- “Shivajir Mahatva” on the life of Chatrapati Shivaji Maharaj in 1902.
- The word “Swaraj” also had been used by Bal Gangadhar Tilak, Mahatma Gandhi, Veer Savarkar, the Bhartiya Jan Sangh and Indian National Congress among others.
Jai Vilas Palace:
- Jayajirao Scindia, the ruler of the erstwhile princely state of Gwalior built Jai Vilas Palace in 1874.
- It is now called the “Jiwajirao Scindia Museum”.
★★★★ You Can Also Read ★★★★
|Computer Awareness Quiz Questions Set (Banking)|
|Read Daily Current Affairs Topic Wise|
|Daily Current Affairs Quiz (Current GK Test)|
|Static Gk Quiz Questions and Answers|
For all the latest Updates, download PrepareExams App.
******** End ********