Prime Minister Narendra Modi inaugurated the Akshaya Patra mid-day meal kitchen in Varanasi. the Akshaya Patra mid-day meal kitchen will be managed by the Akshaya Patra Foundation. the Foundation also runs one of the world’s largest school feeding programmes in collaboration with the government’s Pradhan Mantri Poshan Shakti Nirman (PM POSHAN) scheme.
- the kitchen will help in feeding over 1,00,000 children in a bid to ensure that they don’t miss out on education due to poverty.
- UP Governor Anandiben Patel, and UP Chief Minister Yogi Adityanath. They were hosted by Madhu Pandit Dasa, Chairman, Akshaya Patra, and Chanchalapathi Dasa, Vice Chairman, Akshaya Patra were also present.
Akshaya Patra Foundation
- It has been a part of India’s mid-day meal scheme for over two decades.
- It runs one of the world’s largest (not-for-profit run) mid-day meal programmes.
- It is also serving wholesome food to over 1.8 million children from 19,039 schools across 14 states and two union territories in India.
★★★★ You Can Also Read ★★★★
|Computer Awareness Quiz Questions Set (Banking)|
|Read Daily Current Affairs Topic Wise|
|Daily Current Affairs Quiz (Current GK Test)|
|Static Gk Quiz Questions and Answers|
For all the latest Updates, download PrepareExams App