Chennai-based space tech startup Agnikul Cosmos launched India’s first private launchpad and mission control centre at the Satish Dhawan Space Centre (SDSC) in Sriharikota. ISRO chairman S Somanath inaugurated this facility on November 28th, 2022.
- India’s first private launch pad of Agnikul Cosmos has two parts—the Agnikul launchpad and the Agnikul mission control centre—which are four kilometers apart.
- The launchpad accommodates and supports liquid stage-controlled launches.
- Agnibaan is a two-stage launch vehicle and can take payloads of up to 100 kilograms to a low-earth orbit around 700 kilometers from the surface of the Earth.
- The Agnibaan rocket will be equipped with the company’s 3D-printed Agnilet engines.
- The Agnilet rocket is a “semi-cryogenic” engine and it uses a mixture of liquid kerosene and supercold liquid oxygen to propel itself.
★★★★ You Can Also Read ★★★★
|Computer Awareness Quiz Questions Set (Banking)|
|Read Daily Current Affairs Topic Wise|
|Daily Current Affairs Quiz (Current GK Test)|
|Static Gk Quiz Questions and Answers|
For all the latest Updates, download PrepareExams App