Agappe Chitra Magna by SCTIMST
- Recently, Sree Chitra Tirunal Institute for Medical Sciences and Technology (SCTIMST) has introduced a magnetic nanoparticle-based RNA extraction kit named as “Agappe Chitra Magna“. it will be used during testing for detection of COVID-19. the kit was evolved by SCTIMST with the help of Agappe Diagnostics Ltd.
- The RNA extraction kit has got the approval of validation from National Institute of Virology for COVID-19 RNA isolation.
- The kit would play an important role for RNA extraction for RT-LAMP, RT-qPCR, RT-PCR and moreover, to detect SARS-COV-2.using isothermal and PCR based protocols
- In order to capture the RNA from the patient sample, kit will use an innovative technology that will help for isolating RNA using magnetic nanoparticles.
- The cost of Local-Made Chitra Magna kit will be around 150 rupee which is cheaper from imported kits.
About SCTIMST –
Established – 1976
President – V. K. Saraswat
Director – Dr. Asha Kishore
Location – Thiruvananthapuram