25 October 2019 Current Affairs
Dear Students, Today we have come with Current Affairs of 25 October 2019. PrepareExams is giving you Daily Updated Current Affairs for Govt Exams about 25 October Current Affairs Day, Banking and Business, Science and Technology, Sports related, National and International currents. This website avail students to get daily and monthly gk of 25 October. gk current affair 2019, and also available on this website.latest current affairs, Today Current Affairs
Current Affairs English
Current Affairs : Days News
World Development Information Day
- Every year, the day of 24 oct is observed as World Development Information Day.
- this day marks on reformation the dissemination of information and mobilizing public opinion, especially among youngsters.
- The main objective is to make improvements the dissemination of information and mobilizing public opinion and make people aware about problems of development.
World Polio Day
- The October 24 is observed as World Polio Day and it becomes an important moment for the polio eradication program.
- The Rotary International established the day of 24 Oct as World Polio Day which aimed to develop a vaccine against poliomyelitis. he headed first team .
National Ayurveda Day
- on 25 October of every year, the National Ayurveda Day is observed. at National Institute of Ayurveda, Jaipur, Rajasthan , the fourth edition of Ayurveda day will be taken place.
- Every year, The Ministry of AYUSH, Govt. of India has planned to observe Ayurveda Day on the occasion of DhanvantariJayanti (Dhanteras) from 2016.
|Important facts about Minister of AYUSH|
|Union Minister||Shri ShripadYessoNaik|
Current Affairs : National News
The decisions of union Cabinet
- The Cabinet Committee on Economic Affairs (CCEA), which was headed by PrimeMinister Shri Narendra Modi, has approved a number of plans like increment of MSP for wheat and starting of fuel retailing to non-oil companies.
MSP for wheat
- a step to increase incomes of farmers, the Union Cabinethas planned to increase the Minimum Support Price (MSP) ) for Rabi crops for the season 2020-21.
- The most increase has been done for lentils ( hike of ₹325 to ₹4,800 per quintal) next, safflower (hike of ₹270 to ₹5215 per quintal) and gram (hike of ₹255 to ₹4875 per quintal).
- along with it, The MSP of rapeseed & mustard has been raise by ₹225 to ₹4,425 and for wheat and barley, The MSP has been raise by ₹85 to ₹1925 and ₹85 to ₹1525 per quintal, respectively.
fuel retailing to non-oil companies
- The government has started fuel retailing norms, giving allowence to non-oil companies to establish petrol pumps to raise competition.
- Currently, a company will need to invest 2000 crore Rupess in hydrocarbon exploration and production, refining, pipelines or liquefied natural gas (LNG) terminals to get a fuel retailing licence in India.
- oil marketing companies like Indian Oil Corp (IOC), Bharat Petroleum Corp Ltd (BPCL) and Hindustan Petroleum Corp Ltd. (HPCL) , currently having own most of 65,000 petrol pumps in India.
- Reliance Industries, Nayara Energy (formerly Essar Oil) and Royal Dutch Shell , they are limited and the private players in the market however,Reliance company which is theone of the largest oil refining complex of world, less than 1400 outlets.
For the purpose of fast ticketing, The Indian Railway begins One Touch ATVM
- at 42 suburban stations of Central Railway, The Indian Railway has begun one touch ATVM to make fast ticketing to pessengers over Mumbai Suburban Network.
- The one touch ATVM will help to decrease the waiting time of the passengers and passenger will no have to stand in long queues.
- 92 AVTMs has been placed at 42 suburban stations.
Current Affairs : Banking
Fitch Rating estimated the GDP growth of India to 5.5 percent for FY 2020
- Fitch Rating forecasted that the GDP growth of India will be 5.5 percent for FY 2020 due to large credit squeeze emanating from banks.
- in April 2019, The indian GDP was at 6.6 Percentage. And RBI had estimated the GDP of India to less than 6.1 percent.
- Along with it, in the next financial year (2020-21), The GDP will be 6.2% and then, 6.7 per cent in Financial year after(2021-22).
World Bank make agreement to support smallholder farmers in Odisha
- The Central Government, Odisha government and the World Bank have signed a loan agreement of $165 million to give mallholder farmers in Odisha state.
- The project named as The Odisha Integrated Irrigation Project for Climate Resilient Agriculture will be started in rural areas of state, which is vicitms of droughts and fully dependent of rain.
- The Project will give benefits to 125,000 smallholder farmer households of 15 districts of Odisha. it will cover almost 128,000 hectares of agricultural land.
- The Project will give strenth to smallholder farmers against adverse climate by resilient seed varieties and production technologies, diversifying towards more climate-resilient crops, and better water management and irrigation services.
Vijaya Bank Museum Opened in Bengaluru
- At old headquarters of Vijaya Bank, Bangalore, The Vijaya Bank Heritage Museum has been opened by Jose J. Kattor, regional director of RBI Bengaluru.
- This museum will have a unique collection of photographs which will highlights demonstrate the development of the Vijaya bank. the museum will remind old memories of bank.
- on October 23, 1931, The Vijaya bank was built. Vijaya Bank and Dena Bank has merged with Bank of Baroda.
|Important facts about Bank of Baroda|
|CEO||P. S. Jayakumar|
Current Affairs : Resignation & Appointments
|Name of Person||As New Appointment||At Present|
|Arvind Singh||Chairman of Airports Authority of India (AAI)||–|
|Sukhbir Singh Sandhu||Head of National Highways Authority of India||–|
|Ganji Kamala V Rao||Chairman and MD, India Tourism Development Corporation (ITDC) Ltd||cadre-state Kerala|
|Vijayendra||Chairman & MD of National Small Industries Corporation Ltd||joint secretary of defence production department|
|SatyaBrataSahu||Chairman of Airports Authority of India (AAI)||director of National Highways & Infrastructure Development Corp Ltd|
|Pramod Kumar Tiwari||director general of the Bureau of Indian Standards in the Ministry of Consumer Affairs, Food and Public Distribution||joint secretary of food and public distribution and Ministry of Consumer Affairs and Food and Public Distribution|
|Debashri Mukherjee||additional secretary of water resources in the river development and Ganga rejuvenation, Ministry of Jal Shakti.||joint secretary in the Prime Minister Office|
|Amit Yadav||Director General, directorate general of foreign trade||joint secretary of telecommunications dept|
|Rakesh Sarwal||Additional Secretary in higher education dept||–|
|Ashish Upadhyay||Additional Secretary and financial advisor in Ministry of Power dept||joint secretary in Ministry of Power|
|K Sanjay Murthy||chief executive officer and managing director of Delhi Mumbai Industrial Corridor Development Corp||additional secretary in Ministry of Housing and Urban Affairs|
|Keshav Kumar Pathak||managing director of National Highways and Infrastructure Development Corporation Ltd||cadre-state Bihar|
|K Moses Chalai||Secretary of North Eastern Council Secretariat||additional secretary in Ministry of Women and Child Development|
|Rachna Shah||additional secretary in Cabinet Secretariat||joint secretary, Cabinet Secretariat|