24 October 2019 Current Affairs
Dear Students, Today we have come with Current Affairs of 24 October 2019. PrepareExams is giving you Daily Updated Current Affairs for Govt Exams about 24 October Current Affairs Day, Banking and Business, Science and Technology, Sports related, National and International currents. This website avail students to get daily and monthly gk of 24 October. gk current affair 2019, and also available on this website.latest current affairs, Today Current Affairs
Click To Practice Current Affairs Questions Of 24 October
Current Affairs English
Current Affairs : Days
International Snow Leopard Day
- Every year, on 23 October, International Snow Leopard Day is observed as the anniversary of the Bishkek Declaration and for creating awareness about the snow leopard .
- on the occasion of day, ShriPrakashJavadekar Union Minister for Environment, Forest and Climate Change (MoEFCC), begins First National Protocol on Snow Leopard Population Assessment in the country.
- in NewDelhi, it was begun at the Global Snow Leopard and Ecosystem Protection (GSLEP) Conference.
International Stuttering Awareness Day
- The Day of 22 Oct was named as International Stuttering Awareness Day in 1998. The aim of day is to increase public awareness of the millions of people who are only one percent of population of world and who having speech disorder of stuttering.
|Important facts about Day
|Growth Through Speaking
United Nations Day
- 24 Oct has been observed as United Nations Day from 1948.
- It points as the anniversary of the UN Charter’s entry into force.
- in 1945, The UN was established to five supports collective action to realize peace, development and human rights for all people.
- on the occasion of 75th anniversary of the United Nations, in future, we want that there will be a large and inclusive global conversation on the role of global cooperation .
- with facing many challenges, we should find to spark dialogue and action on how we can contribute to build a better world.
Current Affairs : National News
for covering low immunisation pockets, Union Health Ministry is to launch Indradhanush 2
- The Union Health Ministry has decided to carry out a massive immunisation program. for this program, almost 271 districts has been included across the country and nearly blocks located in Uttar Pradesh and Bihar. The program will be started from 2 December.
- on October 31 and on the occasion of silver jubilee of the Polio eradication campaign, The Mission Indradhanush 2 program is to be inaugurated by Union Health Minister Harsh Vardhan. however, it will come in effect from 2 Dec.
- Under The extensive immunisation program, the children up to 2 years of age and all pregnant women will be given immunisation.
- there are two vaccines that comes under sub-vaccination level they help to protect diseases like Japanese Encephalitis and Pneumococcal conjugate vaccine which happens in mostly high-end endemic areas.
|Important facts about Ministry of Health and Family Welfare
For Businesses, Startups And Researchers, india come with new idea of TechSagar Knowledge Repository
- the National Cyber Security Coordinator’s office has made partnership with Data Security Council of India (DSCI) to lanuch a digital portal TechSagar in order to facilitate knowledge-sharing and holistic growth in tech industry for bigger corporations and new startups.
- The Tech Sagar is to act as a repository of 4K businesses and research entities focusing on tech technology like IT industry, startups, academia and individual researchers.
- The TechSagar is known as a consolidated and comprehensive source of cyber tech capabilities of India, which will help to bestow insights across 25 technology areas like MachineLearning (ML), internet of things (IoT), ArtificialIntelligence (AI), blockchain, cloud, virtualisation, robotics, automation, AR or VR, wireless and networking and so on.
Current Affairs : Resignation & Appointments
Actress Deepika Padukone and Indian badminton player PV Sindhu as Bharat Ki Laxmi initiative
- the name of Actress DeepikaPadukone and badminton player PV Sindhu has nominated for ambassadors fo Bharat Ki Laxmi. It aims to bring commendable work done by women across the india to light ahead of the Diwali festival. The prime Minister did an initiative
UNICEF joins with Ayushmann Khurrana to bring up voice against child sexual abuse
- The indian actor AyushmannKhurrana has shaked their hands with UNICEF and Ministry of Women and Child Development to bring up voice and speak up against sexual abuse of children.
- it is a key initiative, the Protection of Children from Sexual Offences Act (POCSO) that the objective of it is to spread awareness of the protection and legal support among people.
- The Protection of Children from Sexual Offences Act (POCSO) is a kind of an crucial step which has been taken by the ministry it aims to create awareness about the protection and legal support.
Current Affairs : Awards
Wipro chosen as DJSI member for 10th consecutive year
- The IT consulting and BPO company, Wipro has been chosen as a member of the global Dow Jones Sustainability World Index (DJSI) for 2019.
Current Affairs : Ranking and Defence
India reforms in ranking of Melbourne Mercer Global Pension Index
- India has improved its ranking to 32nd place in terms of providing pension and retirement benefits to citizens compared to last year ranking.
- The Score of India in Melbourne Mercer Global Pension Index (MMGPI) 2019 has increased from 44.6 to 45.8.
- there are 37 nations are coverd by The MMGPI, The MMGPI takes data about how they fare on providing pension and retirement benefits to citizens .
- India reached at 32 place in year 2019 in 37 nations list, however, in 2018, India was at 33rd place.
- The index value of India has rose because of improvement in all three sub-indices of adequacy, sustainability and integrity.
data for 2017, releases by National Crime Records Bureau
- In india, for 2017, The National Crime Records Bureau (NCRB) has issued its data for crime.
- The data is related to cases like mob lynching, murder by influential people, killing ordered by khap panchayats and murder committed for religious reasons.
- Accordint to data, The registration of cases has been increased to 3.6 percent compared to previous year. in 2017, more than 50 lakh cases of cognisable offences has been submitted in india.
- The State Uttar Pradesh is listed as the most Unsafe for women with registering morethan 56000 crime cases againest woman in 2017.
- The crimes like murder, rape, dowry death, suicide abatement, acid attack, cruelty against women and kidnapping , hasve been classified by NCRB.
India reach at 63rd position in Ease of Doing Business 2020 of World Bank
- India has got a new achivement by getting 63rd place in ase of doing business ranking among 190 nations in world. according to previous ranking, India stood at 77th position. however, india has improved by 14 place.
- accordint to World Bank’s ease of doing business ranking Top 10 countries are , New Zealand, Singapore, Hong Kong SAR China, Denmark, Republic of Korea, United States, Georgia, United Kingdom, Norway, and Sweden , have been listed as top ten nations in ease of doing business ranking.
- Somalia stand at last position in the index. Th index includes study of 10 areas like start a business, getting construction permits, getting electricity supply, property registeration, credits , protecting minority investors, paying taxes to govt, trading with other nations, enforcing contracts, and resolving insolvency.