18 November 2019 Current Affairs
Dear Students, Today we have come with today 18 November Current Affairs. PrepareExams This website avail students to get daily and monthly gk of 18 November 2019 CA today. gk current affair 2019, and also available on this website. latest current affairs 2020, Today Current Affairs
Current Affairs English
Union Minister Smriti Irani begins a Bharatiya Poshan Krishi Kosh with Richest person Bill Gates
The Women and Child Development (WCD) and Textiles Union Minister Smriti Irani, has begun a Bharatiya Poshan Krishi Kosh (BPKK) with Bill Gates, who is co-chair of Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation.
A MoU signed betwen Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation and Health Ministry of India
The Indian Health Ministry has signed a Memorandum of Cooperation with the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation (BMGF). according to MoC, the support for technical, management and program design will be provided to partners.
- After a meeting, Microsoft co-founder Bill Gates signed a Moc with Union Health Minister Harsh Vardhan.
- Therefore, As per MoC, the foundation will give its support to works of Ministry like reduce maternal and child mortality, improve nutrition services and increase the immunisation reach, included.
To curb sand smuggling, CM introduced a toll-free number in Andhra State
To stop sand smuggling, Chief Minister of Andhra Pradesh state YS Jagan Mohan Reddy has begun a toll-free number 14500.
- certainly, by using toll number, people can register complaints or irregularities around sand hoarding, pricing and smuggling.
The first North India Sugar mill, produces ethanol, inaugurated by CM Yogi
The Chief Minister of Uttar Pradesh Yogi Adityanath has made opening of first sugar mill of North India that will help to generate ethanol directly from sugarcane.
- in Pipraich area of Gorakhpur, The mill is opened which is part of Uttar Pradesh Sugar and Sugarcane Development Corp Ltd.
- the mill will generate 50,000 quintals of sugar daily comared to previously 8,000 quintals.
Mumbai is first on tap water quality list however, Delhi at last
According to the study of which was taken under Ministry of Consumer Affairs Food & PD directions. which aims to check piped drinking water quality in india along with keeping eyes on Jal Jeevan Mission objectives.
- according to list, Mumbai city has ranked first for providing better tap water quality to its citizens.
- on the other hand, Delhi was placed at bottom in list. the Bureau of Indian Standards (BIS) shared the whole data.
- overall, BIS team took 11 samples in which all samples could not satisfy tap water quality.
in New Delhi, Agricultural Statistics International Conference
in New Delhi,The Ministry of Agriculture organized the eighth International Conference on Agricultural Statistics (ICAS-VIII).
- the Ministry of Statistics and Program Implementations, ISI-CAS, FAO, USDA, ADB, the World Bank, Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation, Eurostat, AfDB and others organizations contributed in organising conference.
- Meanwhile, Bill Gates came as the chief guest.
- Theme : ‘Statistics for Transformation of Agriculture to Achieve the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs)’.
Defence Minister Rajnath Singh joind in ASEAN defence ministers’ meet
in Bangkok, Thailand, The indian Defence Minister Rajnath Singh participated in the ASEAN Defence Ministers Meeting Plus (ADMM Plus) and Defence and Security 2019 Exhibition’s opening ceremony.
Pakistan tests ballistic missile Shaheen-1 for surface-to-surface
Pakistan has tested a ballistic missile successfully named as Shaheen-1.Above all, it is a for surface-to-surface ballistic missile.
Business and Economy
ICICI Lombard, Fino Payments Bank working on deeper insurance penetration
The ICICI Lombard and Fino Payments Bank has come with a new idea to reach customer. they will use leveraging technology-enabled platforms in indid to take insurance deeper into the hinterlands of india.
- both companies are going to launch an insurance policy on dengue and malaria.
- in addition, this plan will help to cover treatments of these diseases up to Rs 10,000 at Rs 49.
Brazil lifted FIFA Under-17 World Cup trophy title
Brazil has won FIFA Under-17 World Cup trophy defeating Mexico with 2-1.
- the tournament was held in Brazil. in addition it was 4th title for Brazil.
Emily Smith face one year ban from Cricket Australia
Cricket Australia (CA) puts one year ban on Hobart Hurricanes player Emily Smith due to breach Anti-Corruption Code.
- he can not play cricket for a period of one year. moreover, the ban includes fully suspension of nine months.
SharadArvind Bobde takes sworn as the 47th Indian Chief Justice
The Justice Sharad Arvind Bobde has taken sworn to be 47th Chief Justice of India (CJI).
- so, he will take place of Justice Ranjan Gogoi who has retired on 17 November.