17 October 2019 Current Affairs
Dear Students, Today we have come with Current Affairs of 17 October 2019 gk current affair 2019, and also available on this website.latest current affairs, Today Current Affairs
Click To Practice Current Affairs Questions Of 17 October
Current Affairs English
Current Affairs : Days of 17 October
International Day for the Eradication of Poverty
- Annually, The day of 17 October is considered as International Day for the Eradication of Poverty . it aims to Encourage people to finish poverty and destitution in developing nations across the world.
|Theme ofday –||Acting together to empower children, their families and communities to end poverty|
Current Affairs : National
to strengthen Make in India Yojana, CBIC starts a program
- to attract investors for india and strengthen Make in India Plan through manufacture and other operations under bond scheme, of Customs Act, 1962, The Central Board of Indirect Taxes and Customs (CBIC ) has planned to start revamped and streamlined programme.
- The plan hasbeen innovated with clear and transparent procedures, simplified compliance requirements ICT-based documentation and account keeping, byissue of Manufacture and Other Operations in Warehouse Regulations2019.
- According to Programme, under a customs duty deferment program, both inputs and capital goods can be imported by the unit. if the processed goods are exporting then The duties are fully discarded.
Click to Get Current GK Practice Sets
Textiles Secretary Starts off Indian Handicrafts and Gifts Fair
- at the India Expo Centre Mart at Greater Noida, Ravi Capoor is a Textiles Secretary, has started off Indian Handicrafts and Gifts Fair (IHGF)’s 48th edition .This fair will have various topices by expert faculties, models will do fashion shows , ramp walks by wearing fashion jewellery, accessories and utility items sourced from exhibitors .
|Theme of Fair –||Reduce, Reuse, Recycle|
Indian Railways will be The first net zero carbon emitter of world by the end of 2030
- by the year of 2030, PiyushGoyal has announced that Indian Railways will be first railway of world to be as net zero carbon emitter.This is an important step India’s strategy to fight with climate changes.
- After China and US, India has got achievement as the biggest emitter of greenhouse gases.Almost 125,000km of rail network is covered by Indian Railways in India. which is a largest railway network across the world .
The Railway Minister Piyush Goyal showed Green flag for new 9 Sewa Service Trains
- to make connections between small towns to major cities, 9 trains has been flagged off by Railway Minister Piyush Goyal .
- Without Any investment,The railways has started Nine Sewa Service trains. it is a kind of a example that marks how can existing resources be used to the maximum.
- The route for trains are between Delhi and Shamli, Bhubaneswar and Nayagarh , Murkongselek and Dibrugarh and Coimbatore and Palani.
Current Affairs : Banking And Business
For FY2020, IMF reduces the GDP growth forecast of India from 7% to 6.1% .
- The International Monetary Fund (IMF) has estimated The GDP growth of INDIA to 6.1 Percent for year 2019.
- However, IMF has assumed that The Economy of India can grow to 7.0 Percent for FY20. Apart from this, The World Bank estimated that the growth rate of India will be to 6 per cent for FY19 from 6.9 percent.
|Important Information about International Monetary Fund (IMF)|
|IMF Headquarter location||Washington, DC (USA)|
|Current President of IMF||David Malpass|
Current Affairs : Appointments
J.P.S. Chawla chosen as new Controller General of Accounts
- Mr Chawla, 1985-batch Indian Civil Accounts Service (ICAS) Officer has been selected as Controller General of Accounts (CGA), Ministry of Finance, Department of Expenditure. his appointment was done by The Centre. he will start his services from 15 October 2019.
- prior to joining the Civil Services, he has given his services for Public Sector Engineering Enterprise, Engineers India Limited (EIL) for the period of 4 years. along with it, he had worked at varioue posts in diffrent levels in a number of Ministries/Departments with PrasarBharti, Urban Development, Civil Aviation Tourism and Agriculture.
- He served with the Delhi Development Authority (DDA) and as Director (Finance) in the Indraprastha Power Generation Company Limited (IPGCL) and Pragati Power Limited (PPL).
Current Affairs : Sports
Zimbabwe and Nepal became as ICC members again
- due to three months after being suspended for government interference in its board, Zimbabwe has been approved as ICC member by ICC.
- in Dubai, During the meeting of ICC’s October board, ICC took decision to remove sanction on Zimbabwe .
- due to breaching of ICC regulations that prohibit government interference, ICC has lifted Sanction on Nepal.
Click to see Important Day of October month