The first case of Zika virus in Karnataka has been found. A five-year-old girl from Raichur district has been infected with the Zika virus and has tested positive, said health minister K Sudhakar. As per the lab report, A 5-year-old girl in Karnataka’s Raichur has tested positive for the Zika virus and has been advised to take precautionary measures.
Zika virus in India
- Zika virus cases were found in Kerala, Maharashtra, and Uttar Pradesh.
What is the Zika virus disease
- The Zika virus disease is transmitted via the bite of an infected Aedes mosquito, which is also known to transmit infections such as Dengue and Chikungunya.
- The case of virus was first identified in Uganda in 1947.
- Zika virus can be very dangerous among pregnant women, especially for fetuses.
- The infection can cause microcephaly (a brain disability condition) or other conditions called congenital Zika syndrome.
Zika virus symptoms
- Joint pain
- Conjunctivitis (red eyes)
- Muscle pain
Zika virus cases worldwide
- Cases of Zika virus disease globally declined from 2017 onwards; however, Zika virus transmission persists at low levels in several countries in the Americas and in other endemic regions.
★★★★ You Can Also Read ★★★★
|Computer Awareness Quiz Questions Set (Banking)
|Read Daily Current Affairs Topic Wise
|Daily Current Affairs Quiz (Current GK Test)
|Static Gk Quiz Questions and Answers
For all the latest Updates, download PrepareExams App