World Thrombosis Day 2021: Date, Theme, History
Every year, World thrombosis day is celebrated on 13th October across the world. the main objective of this day is to raise awareness and educate citizens about the misunderstood disease of thrombosis.
- On this day, Various events, campaigns, and awareness camps are conducted by the authorities in the world to spreading awareness about the misunderstood disease of thrombosis.
Also Read: International Chef’s Day 2021
World Thrombosis Day 2021: History
- In 2014, the International Society on Thrombosis and Haemostasis designated 13 October as the world Thrombosis day to mark the awareness of thrombosis.
- This day also highlights the birthday of Rudolf Virchow. Rudolf Virchow was a biologist, physician and pathologist who has discovered ‘thrombosis’.
Also Read: World Osteoporosis Day 2021: History, Theme
World Thrombosis Day 2021: Theme
- The theme 2021 for world thrombosis day is ‘eyes open to thrombosis’.
- This theme focuses on the need to be alert and recognise the early warning signs of thrombosis before they become worse.
For all the latest Updates, download PrepareExams App.