World Humanitarian Day 2021: Theme, History, and Significance
World Humanitarian Day (WHD) is observed on 19 August every year across the world. the main objective of this day is to pay tribute to humanitarian personnel and those workers who lost or risked their lives while doing humanitarian service. In 2021 we are celebrating the 12th WHD.
World Humanitarian Day 2021: History
- In 2009, United Nations General Assembly declared World Humanitarian Day and choose the day of 19 August. it marks the 19 August 2003 bomb attack on the Canal Hotel in Baghdad, Iraq. 22 people including the UN Special Representative of the Secretary-General for Iraq, Sergio Vieira de Mello were killed in this attack.
World Humanitarian Day 2021: Theme
- The theme for 2021 World Humanitarian Day is #TheHumanRace: a global challenge for climate action in solidarity with people who need it the most. it focuses on the immediate human cost of the climate crisis.
World Humanitarian Day: Quotes
- “Life’s most persistent and urgent question is, ‘What are you doing for others?’” – Martin Luther King Jr.
- “Whatever you do will be insignificant, but it is very important that you do it.” – Mahatma Gandhi
- “If you can’t feed a hundred people, feed just one.” – Mother Teresa
For all the latest Updates, download PrepareExams App.