World Homeopathy Day 2022: Theme, Significance – Every year, World Homeopathy Day is observed on 10th April across the world in order to create awareness about homoeopathy and its contribution to the world of medicine.
- The day marks the importance of a field of medicine and its ability in eradicating some of the tough-nut-to-crack ailments.
- It also marks the 267th birth anniversary of German physician Dr Christian Friedrich Samuel Hahnemann who is known as the founder of the system of alternative medicine called Homeopathy.
WORLD HOMEOPATHY DAY 2022: THEME
- The theme 2022 for World Homoeopathy Day is “People’s Choice for Wellness“
- Theme 2021: “Homoeopathy – Roadmap for Integrative Medicine”
Why it is Celebrated on Dr Hahnemann’s Birth Anniversary?
- The Central Council for Research in Homoeopathy (CCRH) conducts a conference on 10 & 11 April 2021 on the occasion of #WorldHomoeopathyDay.
- Purpose: to identify and propose strategic actions towards an effective and efficient inclusion of #Homoeopathy in integrative care.
Dr Christian Friedrich Samuel Hahnemann
- Dr Christian Friedrich Samuel Hahnemann was born in Paris, France in 1755, founded this branch of medicine and is considered the father of Homeopathy.
- Hahnemann laid down the foundation of the doctrine called ‘Similia Similibus Curentur,’ or ‘like cures like.’ as a result, Homeopathy was born.