World Hemophilia Day 2022: Purpose, Theme, History – The day of 19th April is observed as World Hemophilia Day every year across the world. in 2022, it will be the 33rd World Hemophilia Day.
- It aims to create awareness and understanding about Hemophilia and other bleeding disorders.
World Hemophilia Day 2022 – Theme
- The theme for 2022 World Hemophilia Day is “Access for All: Partnership. Policy. Progress. Engaging your government, integrating inherited bleeding disorders into national policy“.
- World Hemophilia Day Theme 2021 is “Adapting to Change: Sustaining care in a new world”.
World Hemophilia Day 2022 – History
- This day marks the birthday of Frank Schnabel. Schnabel was the founder of the World Federation of Hemophilia.
What is Hemophilia?
- Hemophilia is a rare disorder in which the blood doesn’t clot normally because it lacks sufficient blood-clotting proteins /factors. If you get an injury then your blood may bleed for a longer time.