World Health Day 2023: Purpose, Theme, History – Every year, World Health Day is observed on the 7th of April across the world. On this Day, the World Health Organisation (WHO) was established on 7 April 1948.
- It aims to create awareness among people regarding a specific subject of major importance to global health.
- It also aims to direct global attention toward the well-being of our planet and the humans living on it.
World Health Day Theme 2023:
- The theme for World Health Day 2023 is “Health For All.”
- The theme for World Health Day 2022 is ‘Our Planet, Our Health’.
- The World Health Day Theme 2021 is “Building a fairer, healthier world for everyone”.
World Health Day: Previous Year themes
|2021||Building a fairer, healthier world for everyone|
|2020||Supporting Nurses And Midwives|
|2019||Universal Health Coverage: Everyone, |
|2018||Universal Health Coverage: Everywhere|
|2017||Depression: Let’s Talk|
World Health Day Quotes:
“When you are young and healthy, it never occurs to you that in a single second your whole life could change” – Anette Funicello
Life expectancy would grow by leaps and bounds if green vegetables smelled as good as bacon. – Doug Larson
The hospitals and graveyards are filled with those who refused to acknowledge the virtues of physical morality – Dr Ron Spallone
If I’d known I was going to live so long, I’d have taken better care of myself. – Leon Eldred