Every year, World Gujarati Language Day 2022 is celebrated on 24 August to commemorate the birth anniversary of the great writer of Gujarat ‘Veer Narmad’. ‘Gujarati Diwas’ is celebrated because the poet Narmad was considered to be the creator of the Gujarati language.
World Gujarati Language Day Significance
- On this day, People pay tribute to the poet who contributed significantly to the speech by also making a new Gujarati dictionary amid extreme tribulations.
- The dictionary includes words of all dialects with their diverse usages.
- Since then, looking at the historic Narmad philosophy, Vishwa Gujarati Diwas is celebrated yearly to dedicate a day to the language and to the Gujarati culture.
Who is Veer Narmad?
- Poet Veer Narmad was born on August 24th, 1833, in Surat, Gujarat.
- He was from a Brahmin family.
- His full name was Narmadashankar Lalshankar Dave.
- He wrote his first poem in 22 years.
- he served as a teacher in Mumbai.
- Narmad was a playwright, essayist, speaker, lexicographer and reformer under the British Raj whose poem named “Jai Jai Garavi Gujarat” is now the state anthem of the Indian state.
******** End ********
★★★★ You Can Also Read ★★★★
|Computer Awareness Quiz Questions Set (Banking)|
|Read Daily Current Affairs Topic Wise|
|Daily Current Affairs Quiz (Current GK Test)|
|Static Gk Quiz Questions and Answers|