World Book and Copyright Day 2023: History, significance, Theme – World Book and Copyright Day are observed on April 23 every year, to promote the enjoyment of books and reading. it also recognizes the scope of books – a link between the past and the future, a bridge between generations and across cultures. this day is also known as ‘International Day of the Book’ and ‘World Book Day.
- United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization (UNESCO) has been conducting an annual event since 195 to pay respect to renowned authors such as William Shakespeare, Miguel Cervantes, and Inca Garcilaso de la Vega who died this day.
World Book and Copyright Day – Theme 2023
- The theme for World Book Day 2023 is “Indigenous Languages.”
- The theme for World Book and Copyright Day 2022 is “Read, so you never feel low”.
World Book and Copyright Day – History
- UNESCO designated April 23 as World Book Day or World Book and Copyright Day in 1995.
- 23rd April marks the death and birth anniversary of many other prominent authors, such as Maurice Druon, Haldor K.Laxness, Vladimir Nabokov, Josep Pla, and Manuel Mejía Vallejo.
an official statement on the UNESCO website:
“The book covers are incredibly important and play a vital role in our buying decisions. We’re all extremely judgemental about covers. The pandemic has also reminded us all of the importance of books and reading for comfort and escapism, we’ve all needed it this past year…in such circumstances, we invite students, teachers, readers from around the world as well as the book industry and library services to testify and express their love for reading by participating to this challenge,”
World Book and Copyright Day 2023: Quotes
- “There is no friend as loyal as a book.” – Ernest Hemingway
- “A room without books is like a body without a soul.” – Marcus Tullius Cicero
- “The person, be it gentleman or lady, who has not pleasure in a good novel, must be intolerably stupid.” – Jane Austen, Northanger Abbey
- “Make it a rule never to give a child a book you would not read yourself.” – George Bernard Shaw
- “I cannot live without books.” – Thomas Jefferson
★★★★ You Can Also Read ★★★★
|Computer Awareness Quiz Questions Set (Banking)
|Read Daily Current Affairs Topic Wise
|Daily Current Affairs Quiz (Current GK Test)
|Static Gk Quiz Questions and Answers
For all the latest Updates, download PrepareExams App.