When is Father’s Day 2023? How Did it Start? Date, History and Significance – Father’s Day is a special event that is celebrated to honor the love and dedication of fathers all around the world. As a parent, they play a crucial role in the upbringing and development of a child. a Father also offers emotional support, and guidance, as well as nurtures their child’s growth.
- He also provides support and stability that serves as the pillars of strength in a family.
- He is an embodiment of resilience, dedication, and unwavering commitment to their loved ones.
Father’s Day 2023 in India
Every year, Father’s Day is marked in various parts of the world on different dates. while It takes place on the 3rd Sunday of June every year in India. This year, it will be celebrated on June 18th.
Father’s Day 2023: History
- The origin of Father’s Day is traced back to the early 20th century in the United States. The full credit for recognizing this Father’s Day belongs to Sonora Smart Dodd, a woman from Spokane, Washington.
- She wanted to honor her father, William Jackson Smart, a Civil War veteran who single-handedly raised six children after his wife’s untimely demise.
- She was Inspired by the newly established Mother’s Day.
- Sonora Smart Dodd supported the day to mark fathers, and her efforts offered outcome when the first Father’s Day was observed on June 19, 1910, in Spokane.
- In 1972, resident Richard Nixon signed a proclamation, officially recognizing Father’s Day as a national holiday in the United States to be observed on the third Sunday of June each year.