What is Vehicle scrapping policy
During Union Budget 2021-22, Nirmala Sitharaman announced the voluntary vehicle scrapping policy in order to scan old and polluting vehicles.
- As per the vehicle scrapping policy, personal and commercial vehicles will have to pass a fitness test at automated centres after 20 years and 15 years respectively.
- The policy will create 50,000 jobs and will receive a new investment of 10,000 crore rupees.
Vehicle scrapping policy Benefits:
- It will help to a 25-30 percent reduction in vehicular air pollutants and improve road safety.
- it would lead to the recycling of waste metal
- it will lower oil imports due to greater fuel efficiency of current vehicles.
Follow on Social accounts