What is the ZyCov-D vaccine, and how does it work
Zydus Cadila takes a decision to apply to the national drug regulatory agency, the Central Drug Standards Control Organization for emergency use authorization for its Covid-19 vaccine ZyCov-D.
- If Central Drugs Standard Control Organisation (CDSCO) approves it then, ZyCov-D will be the world’s first DNA vaccine against COVID-19 with SARS-CoV-2.
ABout ZyCov-D vaccine
- ZyCov-D is a “plasmid DNA” vaccine or a vaccine
- it uses a genetically engineered, non-replicating version of a type of DNA molecule known as a ‘plasmid’.
- The plasmids are coded with the instructions to make the spike protein of SARS-CoV-2 in this case.
- Vaccination gives the code to cells in the recipient’s body, so they can start making the spiky outer layer of the virus.
- It is also expected that the immune system will be granted as a threat and develop antibodies in response.
For all the latest Updates, download PrepareExams App.