The day of September 9th is marked as the birth anniversary of Captain Vikram Batra who died in the Kargil war. Vikarm Batra was born on September 9, 1974, in Ghuggar village near Palampur in Himachal Pradesh. he was from a humble middle-class background. He was a sportsman and used to take part in all the co-curricular activities.
Interesting facts about Captain Vikram Batra:
- Captain Vikram was a green belt holder in karate and used to play table tennis at the national level.
- He also received the best NCC cadet (Air Wing) in north India.
- Captain Vikram Batra was always keen on joining the Army and prepared for Combined Defense Services (CDS) examination after completing his Bachelor’s degree in the year 1995.
- He cleared the CDS examination and joined the Indian Military Academy in 1996.
- He was appointed as a lieutenant.
- Captain Vikram Batra joined the Indian Military Academy, Dehradun in the Jessore Company of Manekshaw Battalion in 1996, and was commissioned into 13 JAK Rifles.
- Later, he was appointed to the rank of Captain during the Kargil War of 1999.
******** End ********
★★★★ You Can Also Read ★★★★
|Computer Awareness Quiz Questions Set (Banking)|
|Read Daily Current Affairs Topic Wise|
|Daily Current Affairs Quiz (Current GK Test)|
|Static Gk Quiz Questions and Answers|