Vande Bharat Mission by Indian Govt –
- The Indian Government has decided to conduct one of the biggest evacuation exercises namely the Vande Bharat Mission. it aims to get indian people back from abroad who are stuck due to the coronavirus pandemic.
About Mission –
- According to Mission, the India’s government has planned to operate 64 flights between 7 May and 13 May. they will help in bringing indian people home in abroad which are nearly 14,800 Indian nationals and are stuck due to the coronavirus lockdown.
- The all 64 flights will operate countries such as UAE (10 flights ), Qatar (2 flights ), Saudi Arabia (5 flights ), Singapore(5 flights), United Kingdom(7 flights), US (7 flights), Philippines(5 flights), Bangladesh(7 flights), Bahrain(2 flights), Malaysia (2 flights), Kuwait (5 flights) and Oman(2 flights).
- All kind of Preparations for the operation has been started. All flights will come to Kerala, Tamil Nadu, Delhi, Maharashtra, Telangana, and Gujarat.
- Along with it, under Operation Samudra Setu, The Navy of India has already sent their three ships to get indians back from Maldives and UAE.
Q.1 What is the aim of Vande Bharat Mission?
Vande Bharat Mission‘s aims is to get indian people back from abroad who are stuck due to the coronavirus pandemic.