Toyota Introduces India’s First Flex Fuel-Strong Hybrid Electric Vehicle – Toyota launched a first-of-its-kind pilot project flex fuel-strong hybrid electric vehicle (FFV-SHEV) in India which can run on 100 per cent ethanol. Nitin Gadkari launched Toyota’s first-of-its-kind pilot project on a flex fuel-strong hybrid electric vehicle (FFV-SHEV).
- An FFV-SHEV contains a flex-fuel engine and an electric powertrain and extends the dual advantages of higher ethanol use and greater fuel efficiency.
- it can also run in its EV mode for a good amount of time, while the engine stands shut off.
- Flex fuel engines are popular in Brazil, the United States, European Union and China among many others.
- India is the 5th largest manufacturer of ethanol after the US, Brazil, the European Union and China.
- In flex fuels, the ratio of ethanol to petrol is 85 per cent ethanol and 15 per cent petrol.
- flex fuel is a complex derivative of biomass left by agricultural feedstocks such as corn, sugarcane, hemp (bhang), potato, and rice among many other things.
★★★★ You Can Also Read ★★★★
|Computer Awareness Quiz Questions Set (Banking)|
|Read Daily Current Affairs Topic Wise|
|Daily Current Affairs Quiz (Current GK Test)|
|Static Gk Quiz Questions and Answers|
For all the latest Updates, download PrepareExams App.