Today Top Current Affairs 8 January 2021
Daily Current Affairs 8 January 2021: This article consists of the latest top current affairs for 8 January 2021 that are essential for all competitive exams such as Bank, SSC, IBPS, SBI exams. You can also take our Current Affairs Quiz after studying our daily current affairs.
World’s first Double Stack Long Haul Container Train
On 7th January 2021, Indian Prime Minister Narendra Modi has inaugurated New Rewari – New Madar Section of the Western Dedicated Freight Corridor (WDFC) via a video conference. the Corridor is 306 km long in length.
- The Western Dedicated Freight Corridor is built-in Rajasthan and Haryana state.
- Along with it, PM Modi also flagged off the Double Stack Long Haul Container Train of the world.
- The 1st double-stacked container freight train has 1.5 km long length and it will have a route between New Ateli in Haryana and New Kishanganj in Rajasthan.
- These trains will travel at the speed of 100km h which is more than on Indian Railway tracks.
Karnataka launched Krishi Sanjeevani Vans
On 7th January 2021, The Karnataka state CM B.S. Yediyurappa has begun 40 Krishi Sanjeevani vans.
- Under National Krishi Vikas Yojana, The state Agriculture Department launched vans in the collaboration of Centre.
- The main purpose of these vans is to support the farmers for their farming techniques.
- along with it, it will contain labs which will help in studying the conditions, soil fertility, weeds and suitable crops conditions.
About Karnataka –
- Capital – Bangalore
- Governor – Vajubhai Vala
- Chief Minister – B. S. Yediyurappa
IDFC Mutual Fund begins #PaisonKoRokoMat campaign
IDFC Mutual Funds has started off a new awareness campaign named #PaisonKoRokoMat. it is the recent pan-India investor awareness campaign.
- The purpose of the campaign is to make investors and examine the smart and modern mutual fund vehicle for their investments.
- It will help in growing your money and allocating your money over asset classes and investment solutions.
- TBWAIndia has created this awareness campaign.
About IDFC Mutual Fund –
- CEO – Vikram Limaye
- Headquarters – Mumbai
- Founded – 1997
NSO estimated GDP of India to contract 7.7% in FY21
On 7th Jan 2021, the National Statistical Office (NSO) has estimated regarding India’ GDP and said that it will be to contract by 7.7% for FY2021.
- NSO released 1st advance estimation before coming the Union Budget. these data will help in making budget process for FY2021.
PNB will establish Fintech Innovation Centre with IIT Kanpur
Punjab National Bank (PNB) is going to establish Fintech Innovation Centre. for this, PNB has made partnerships with IIT Kanpur and the Foundation for Innovation & Research in Science & Technology (FIRST).
- The centre will play a role as a vehicle for research and development of technological solutions and will also help in addressing challenges and examining opportunities in the BFSI space.
About Punjab National Bank –
- Headquarters – New Delhi
- CEO – S. S. Mallikarjuna Rao
- Founded – 19 May 1894
Hima Kohli as Chief Justice of Telangana High Court
On 7th January 2021, The Delhi High Court’s judge ShriMati Hima Kohli is chosen as the new Chief Justice of Telangana High Court. due to this, she becomes First Woman for Telangana High Court.
- The Telangana state Governor Dr Tamilisai Soundararajan has administered the oath to Hima Kohli.
- Hima is going to take place of Chief Justice Raghvendra Singh Chauhan. Raghvendra is elected as the Chief Justice of Uttarakhand HC.
About Telangana –
- Governor – Tamilisai Soundararajan
- Capital – Hyderabad
- Chief Minister – K. Chandrashekar Rao
New Zealand cricketer Alan Burgess died at 100
The oldest first-class cricketer of the world Alan Burgess has taken his last breath at the age of 100. he was from New Zealand country.
- Alan was a right-hand batsman and left-arm spinner. during his cricket career, he had played 14 first-class matches from 1940 to 1952. most of the matches, he played for Canterbury.
- Apart from this, Alan Burgess had worked as a tank driver in World War II.
Q.1 Where can I read daily current affairs?
you can study/read it from PrepareExams. We update daily current affairs day wise and monthly wise.
Q.2 How can I study current affairs for competitive exams 2021?
You can follow our PrepareExams website and bookmark our page. as well as, you can also make some notes of all the important issues at national and international level.
Q.3 What is the best way to prepare current affairs 2021?
1st way: you need to read daily current affairs and also should attend quiz daily to remember.
2nd way: read weekly and monthly current affairs regularly for revising.
Today Top Current Affairs 8 January 2021