Today Top Current Affairs 7 & 8 February 2021
Daily Current Affairs 7 & 8 February 2021: This article consists of the latest top current affairs for 7 & 8 February 2021 that are essential for all competitive exams such as Bank, SSC, IBPS, SBI exams. You can also take our Current Affairs Quiz after studying our Today current affairs.
Square Kilometre Array (SKR) Observatory formed
On 4th February 2021, the Square Kilometre Array Observatory (SKAO) Council has organized its maiden meeting and decided to set up the world’s largest radio telescope.
- As per NASA Space agency, the telescope will achieve its scientific goals by measuring neutral hydrogen over cosmic time, accurately timing the signals from pulsars in the Milky Way, and exposing millions of galaxies out to high redshifts.
Michael Bloomberg as United Nations Climate Envoy
Mr Michael Bloomberg has been elected as Special Envoy on Climate Ambition and Solutions. his appointment is made by United Nations Secretary-General Antonio Guterres.
- His role is to mobilise stronger and more ambitious climate action in the lead-up to 2021 United Nations (UN) Climate Change conference in Scotland in November 2021.
- Bloomberg will play an important role in strengthening the group of governments, companies, cities and financial institutions and will help in getting carbon neutrality by 2050 which is the target of the Paris Agreement.
Okonjo-Iweala as 1st female Chief of WTO
The economist from Nigeria Okonjo-Iweala is appointed as the Director-General of the World Trade Organization (WTO). Due to her appointment, she will the first woman and African who will serve as the Director-General of the organization.
- She will take place of Roberto Azevedo, who stepped down in August 2020.
About Nigeria –
Capital – Abuja
Currency – Nigerian naira
President – Muhammadu Buhari
Vice President – Yemi Osinbajo
Federal Bank starts FedFirst savings account scheme
Federal Bank launches a new savings account scheme named FedFirst. the FedFirst scheme will be for children whose age is under 18 years.
- The main purpose of this scheme is to enable children to learn the importance of money management.
FedFirst Features and Benefits –
- Daily Cash withdrawal limit at ATMs – Rs. 2,500
- Daily shopping limit at POS / E-com – Rs. 10,000 (includes Daily Contactless transaction limit of Rs. 5000/- )
- Free Mobile alerts
- Free E-mail alerts
- Reward points and seasonal cashback on Debit Card
Oscar-winner Canadian actor Christopher Plummer died at 91
The famous actor from Canada Mr Christopher Plummer has passed away at the age of 91. he was an Oscar-winner and became popular from his critically-acclaimed film ‘Sound of Music’.
- He was hnoured with Academy Award for Best Supporting Actor at the age of 82 for Beginners (2010)
Christopher Plummer Awards –
- Academy Award,
- Primetime Emmy Awards (2),
- Tony Awards (2)
- Golden Globe Award,
- Screen Actors Guild Award,
- British Academy Film Award
*** Follow Us on Social Accounts for Updates***
|Job Alert on Email|
|Download Prepare Exams Android App|
|Join Prepare Exams on Facebook|
|Join Prepare Exams on Twitter|
|Join Prepare Exams Jobs on Telegram|