Today Top Current Affairs 6 February 2021
Daily Current Affairs 6 February 2021: This article consists of the latest top current affairs for 6 February 2021 that are essential for all competitive exams such as Bank, SSC, IBPS, SBI exams. You can also take our Current Affairs Quiz after studying our Today current affairs.
RBI keeps repo rate at 4%
The Reserve Bank of India’s (RBI) has kept its repo rate unchanged at 4% announced by RBI Governor Shaktikanta Das.
- The reverse repo rate also has been kept unchanged at 3.35%.
- This decision was taken in 1st MPC meeting which was headed by RBI Governor Shaktikanta Das.
About RBI –
Bank rate – 4.00%
Headquarters – Mumbai
Founder – British Raj
Governor – Shaktikanta Das
Beautiful Things Memoir by Hunter Biden
Hunter Biden is going to release his memoir titled “Beautiful Things”. Hunter Biden is the son of United States President Joe Biden. this memoir highlights his struggles with addiction and drug abuse.
- The “Beautiful Things” Memoir will be published by Gallery Books, an imprint of Simon & Schuster in April month.
- it narrates how Hunter Biden was a drug addict- from his first sips of alcohol as a child, when he was facing with the aftermath of a family tragedy, to his crack-cocaine use and how Hunter came out from that problem.
First ASEAN-India Hackathon 2021
The Ministry of Education is organizing 1st ASEAN-India Hackathon with the help of the Ministry of External Affairs. the ASEAN-India Hackathon will be held between 01 February 2021 and 04 February 2021.
- it focused on how can the cooperation be boosted between India and ASEAN countries in science, technology, and education, through collaboration.
- ASEAN-India Hackathon is held with a vision of ASEAN – plan of action on science, technology and innovation (APASTI) 2016-2025.
1st Joint Working Group meeting by India and Bahrain
On 4th February 2021, the 1st Joint Working Group meeting was held between India and Bahrain in the field of Renewable Energy. the main purpose of this meeting was to enhance bilateral cooperation in the field of Renewable Energy.
- From India side, Joint Secretary Ministry of New & Renewable Energy, Shri Dinesh Dayanand Jagdale presented.
- The President of Sustainable Energy Authority Mr Abdul Hussain bin Ali Mirza led the meet from Bahrain side.
About Bahrain –
Capital – Manama
Currency – Bahraini dinar
Prime Minister – Salman, Crown Prince of Bahrain
Paypal will close domestic payments service in India
The PayPal (digital payment platform) is going to shut down its domestic payment services in India from 1st April 2021.
- the main reason behind is to shift its focus on cross-border payments business.
- But, the global customer will continue paying through Indian merchants using Paypal.
- PayPal is used by various Indian online apps like MakeMyTrip, BookMyShow, Swiggy.
About PayPal –
Founded – December 1998
CEO – Dan Schulman
International Day of Zero Tolerance to Female Genital Mutilation
The day of 6th February is observed as International Day of Zero Tolerance for Female Genital Mutilation. it aims to create awareness so that female genital mutilation (FGM) could be eliminated.
- Theme 2021: No time for global inaction: unite, fund and act to end FGM/C