Today Top Current Affairs 30 October 2021
Today Top Current Affairs 30 October 2021
Daily Current Affairs 30th October 2021 for Banking/Insurance/SSC and other related govt exams, covering the top news, Major Issues, Current News, Important events in National Current News and International Current News.
★★★★ Attempt Test ★★★★
|★★ Daily Current Affairs Quiz 30th October 2021 ★★|
|Computer Awareness Quiz Questions And Answers Set 53|
|Static GK Quiz Questions and Answers Set 149|
Narendra Singh Tomar addresses National Conference on ‘International Year of Fruits and Vegetables’
On 29th October 2021, The Union Minister for Agriculture & Farmers Welfare Shri Narendra Singh Tomar has addressed a National Conference on “International Year of Fruits and Vegetables”
- The Ministry of Agriculture and Farmers’ Welfare conducted the conference with the help of the United Nations Food and Agriculture Organization (FAO).
- The theme 2021 for International Year of Fruits and Vegetables is “Awareness about the nutritional benefits of fruits and vegetables for balanced and healthy diet and life style.”
Mansukh Mandaviya launches 6th edition of National Formulary of India (NFI)
Union Minister for Health and Family Welfare Dr. Mansukh Mandaviya has launched the Sixth (6th) Edition of the National Formulary of India (NFI). the Indian Pharmacopoeia Commission (IPC) has published the National Formulary of India (NFI) in order to promote the rational use of medicines in the country.
- NFI 2021 will play a role as a guidance document for all the healthcare professionals such as clinicians, pharmacists, nurses, dentists etc.
- It will be used in daily clinical practices.
- It will be very beneficial for Clinicians and Healthcare professionals while prescribing the medicines to the patients.
NITI Aayog Releases Report on ‘Health Insurance for India’s Missing Middle’
NITI Aayog has released a comprehensive report named “Health Insurance for India’s Missing Middle“. the report marks the gaps in health insurance coverage and offers solutions to address the situation.
- It points to the need for designing a low-cost comprehensive health insurance product for the missing middle.
- The released report can be an effort to re-invigorate the dialogue on increasing financial protection for health and the broader goal of Universal Health Coverage.
- It also marks the current landscape, existing gaps and articulates broad recommendations and pathways so that health insurance coverage could be increased.
Hardeep Singh Puri inaugurates 14th Urban Mobility Conference 2021
Housing and Urban Affairs & Petroleum and Natural Gas Minister Hardeep Singh Puri inaugurated the 14th edition of Urban Mobility India (UMI) Conference 2021.
- The theme of the conference 2021 is “Mobility for All”, which highlights providing equitable access and promoting inclusive urban transportation.
- It also purposes to offer affordable, clean, safe, informative, efficient and accessible transport systems.
Maharashtra first state to release its own Wildlife Action Plan
Maharashtra has become the first Indian state that has launched its own Wildlife Action plan (2021-30). Maharashtra will implement the new plan over the next 10 years. the plan was released by Chief Minister Uddhav Thackeray in the State Wildlife Board meeting.
- Wildlife Action plan (2021-30) aims to recognize concerns about climate change impacts on wildlife, coastal ecosystems, marine biodiversity, flora, and fauna.
- As per the plan, it will include a guiding document for an action plan for wildlife conservation for the next decade.
State Energy Efficiency Index 2020: Karnataka Tops
The Ministry of Power has released the State Energy Efficiency Index (SEEI) 2020. as per the index, Karnataka has topped in terms of energy efficiency and followed by Rajasthan and Haryana got 2nd and 3rd place in the country.
- Rajasthan has been given 61 points and is a tremendous rise from the score of 18.5 at the SEEI 2019 year index.
- The SEEI 2020 has included the performance of 36 States and Union Territories in energy efficiency (EE) with the help of 68 qualitative, quantitative, and outcome-based indicators.
- The State Energy Efficiency Index 2020 was developed by the Bureau of Energy Efficiency (BEE) and the Alliance for an Energy-Efficient Economy (AEEE).
Netherlands great Ryan Ten Doeschate retires from international cricket
Netherlands all-rounder Ryan ten Doeschate has decided to take retirement from international cricket after the T20 World Cup exit. The Netherlands failed to qualify for the Super 12 stage of the ongoing T20 World Cup.
- Doeschate made his first-round match debutant Namibia.
- He has scored 1541 ODI runs at an average of 67 and also made 533 T20I runs at an average of 41.
- His highest scores are 119 runs (England) and 106 (Ireland in 2011) at the ICC Cricket World Cup, and the 259 not out against Canada in the ICC Intercontinental Cup in 2006.
Shaktikanta Das as Governor of RBI for three-year term
The Appointments Committee of the Cabinet (ACC) has approved the reappointment of Shaktikanta Das as Reserve Bank of India Governor Shaktikanta Das for a period of 3 years, Das will serve with the second term of three years till December 2024.
- Now, Das is serving as the 25th governor of RBI and assumed the charge as RBI governor on 12th December 2018 for three years, replacing Urjit Patel.
- Shaktikanta Das Das is an Indian Administrative Services (IAS) officer (1980 batch) from the Tamil Nadu cadre.
- He has also served as a member of the 15th Finance Commission.
- Das had served as Revenue Secretary and Economic Affairs Secretary, Ministry of Finance, Government of India
Actor Puneeth Rajkumar dies of a heart attack
Puneeth Rajkumar has passed away at the age of 46 due to a cardiac arrest on 29th October 2021. He was called Appu, was an Indian actor, playback singer, television presenter, and producer, and worked in Kannada cinema.
- He has acted in 29 films including Vasantha Geetha (1980), Bhagyavantha (1981), Chalisuva Modagalu (1982), Eradu Nakshatragalu (1983), Bhakta Prahaladha, Yarivanu and Bettada Hoovu (1985).