Today Top Current Affairs 30 August 2021: Daily Gk Update
Daily Current Affairs 30 August 2021 for Banking/Insurance/SSC and other related govt exams, covering the top news, Major Issues, Current News, Important events in National Current News and International Current News.
Govt Extends ‘Vivad se Vishwas’ scheme Deadline till 30th September 2021
The Centre has decided to extend the deadline for making payment under the direct tax dispute settlement scheme ‘Vivad Se Vishwas’. now, the new deadline for the scheme is September 30th, 2021.
- Govt takes this move after considering the difficulties being faced in issuing and amending Form no 3. Form no 3 is important for making payment by the declarant under Vivad se Vishwas Act.
Vivad Se Vishwas scheme
- In 2020, The ‘Vivad Se Vishwas’ scheme was announced. as per the scheme, taxpayers will have to pay only the amount of the disputed taxes in the stipulated time. taxpayers will also get rid of a complete waiver of interest and penalty.
PM Modi dedicates renovated complex of Jallianwala Bagh Smarak in Amritsar
On 28th August 2021, PM Modi has dedicated the renovated complex of Jallianwala Bagh Smarak in Punjab’s Amritsar via a video conference. 28th August 2021 marks 102 years of the Jallianwala Bagh massacre.
- In 1919, Countless revolutionaries, sacrificers, fighters sacrificed in the Jallianwala Bagh Massacre, which was occurred at the festival of Baisakhi on 13th April.
- PM Modi has also inaugurated four museum galleries developed at the Smarak which will be the showcase of the historical value of events that unfolded in Punjab in 1919.
World’s Highest Altitude Movie Theatre in Ladakh at 11,562 ft
In Ladakh, The world’s highest movie theatre was inaugurated, is located at an altitude of 11,562 feet. Ladakh has received its first-ever mobile digital movie theatre in the Paldan area of Leh.
- The initiative will help in bringing cinema watching experience to most remotest areas of India.
- The theatre could be operated in -28 degree Celcius.
LIC launches ANANDA mobile app for Agents/Intermediaries
The Life Insurance Corporation of India (LIC) has unveiled the mobile application of its digital paperless solution named ANANDA, which will be for LIC agents.
- ANANDA stands for Atma Nirbhar Agents New Business Digital Application.
- ANANDA is the paperless solution for new business processes.
- Prior to this, The ANANDA Digital application was launched in November 2020 for LIC Agents / Intermediaries.
- it will help in getting the insurance policy through a paperless module with the help of the agent/intermediary.
Sports Minister Anurag Singh Thakur launches Fit India Mobile App
On 29th August 2021, Youth Affairs and Sports Minister Anurag Singh Thakur have launched the Fit India Mobile Application on the occasion of National Sports Day at Major Dhyan Chand National Stadium, New Delhi.
- The app launching also marks the 2nd anniversary of Fit India Movement, which was launched on August 29th, 2019.
- The main purpose of Fit India App is to empower citizens to check their fitness level based on a set of age specific fitness tests.
- Indian will also get specific recommendations on how to improve their fitness level through physical activities including yoga protocols.
Fit India App Features:
- fitness score,
- animated videos,
- activity trackers
- my plan
Max Verstappen wins Belgian Grand Prix 2021
Belgian Grand Prix 2021 F1: Red Bull Max Verstappen has won the winner of the Belgian Grand Prix 2021. the rain disrupted the Belgian Grand Prix race and only two laps were completed.
- Followed by George Russell Williams and Mercedes’s Lewis Hamilton came 2nd and 3rd respectively.
- Max Verstappen (Red Bull) – 12.5 points
- George Russell (Williams) – 9 points
- Lewis Hamilton (Mercedes) – 7.5 points
- Daniel Ricciardo (McLaren ) – 6 points
- Sebastian Vettel (Aston Martin) – 5 points
Indian para-athlete Bhavinaben Patel won a silver at 2020 Tokyo Paralympics
Indian paddler Bhavinaben Patel has won a silver medal in table tennis in the women’s singles summit clash at the 2020 Paralympic Games in Tokyo
- In the match, she was defeated by Chinese paddler Ying Zhou, 0-3 points.
- India get first medal at the ongoing Tokyo Paralymic Games 2020.
- With this, She has become the only second Indian woman to win a medal at the Paralympics. prior to this, Deepa Malik won a silver in shotput at 2016 Rio Olympics.
India’s Nishad Kumar wins silver at Tokyo Paralympics
On 29th August 2021, India’s Nishad Kumar has won a silver medal in the men’s high jump T47 event at the Tokyo Paralympics 2020.
- Nishad made a jump of 2.06m and created an Asian record.
- USA’s Dallas Wise also made a jump of 2.06m and also got the silver.
- Nishad Kumar is from Badaun village in Una district of Himachal Pradesh.
Indian Grandmaster SP Sethuraman won Barcelona Open Chess Tournament 2021
India’s Grandmaster S P Sethuraman has claimed the 2021 Barcelona Open chess tournament title in chess.
- he remained unbeaten through the nine rounds.
- He also won six matches and played three draws.
NSG commandos undertake mock counter-terrorist drills ‘Gandiv’
The National Security Guard (NSG) has successfully conducted the third edition of the week-long counter-terrorism exercise called ‘Gandiv’. the exercise was held from August 22 to August 28, 2021,
- The Gandiv exercise was conducted at multiple cities in Uttar Pradesh, Madhya Pradesh, Gujarat and the national capital region by NSG.
- The main purpose of this exercise was to check its response time and reaction to hostage and hijack-like situations.
- Through the exercise, NSG commandos has enhanced the counter-terror skills of the state administration, police, anti-terrorist squads and also created awareness among the public.
National Small Industry Day 2021
In India, the day of 30 August is observed as National Small Industry Day by people every year.
- It also provided balanced growth to existing small, medium and large scale enterprises.
- Industry boost the state’s financial health by establising new industries
- The main purpose of this day is to promote small Industries for their overall growth potential and opportunities received for their development in the year.
International Day of the Victims of Enforced Disappearances 2021
The International Day of the Disappeared is observed on 30th August every year. the day aims to pay attention to regarding the increase in enforced or involuntary disappearances of individuals in various regions of the world
- The UN General Assembly adopted this day and in 2011, this day was celebrated for the first time.