Today Top Current Affairs 3 & 4 January 2021
Daily Current Affairs 3 & 4 January 2021: This article consists of the latest top current affairs for 3 & 4 January 2021 that are essential for all competitive exams such as Bank, SSC, IBPS, SBI exams. You can also take our Current Affairs Quiz after studying our daily current affairs.
RBI-Digital Payments Index introduced by RBI
The Reserve Bank of India has begun a Digital Payments Index (DPI). it aims to take the extent of digitization of digital/electronic payments in the country.
- The RBI-Digital Payments Index (DPI) will have 5 broad parameters and these parameters will play a role in measuring deepening and penetration of digital payments.
Five Parameters are:
- Payment Enablers (weight 25%)
- Payment Infrastructure – Demand-side factors (10%)
- Payment Infrastructure – Supply-side factors (15%),
- Payment Performance (45%)
- Consumer Centricity (5%).
The RBI-DPI’s base period is March 2018. RBI estimated DPI for March 2019 at 153.47 and March 2020 at 207.84 growth.
India as co-chair of Asia Protected Areas Partnership (APAP)
Indian is elected as the co-chair of the IUCN-supported Asia Protected Areas Partnership (APAP). India will serve for three years till November 2023.
- IUCN ( International Union for Conservation of Nature) Asia heads APAP and an APAP nation member co-chairs.
- India will take place of South Korea. South Korea completed its period in November 2020.
- India will have a responsibility to assist other Asian nations in order to manage their protected areas.
Asia Protected Areas Partnership (APAP)
- In the year 2014, The APAP was introduced at the IUCN World Parks Congress in Australia.
- at present, there are 21 members from 17 international locations.
Umesh Sinha as Deputy Election Commissioner
The Indian Govt has selected Umesh Sinha as the deputy election commissioner in the Election Commission of India.
- Umesh Sinha is a retired IAS officer from 1986-batch of the Uttar Pradesh cadre. before this, he was serving as the secretary-general in the commission.
- He will serve between 1st January 2021 and 30th June 2021.
- After Sinha appointment, there are 4 deputy election commissioners. other are Sudeep Jain, Chandra Bhushan Kumar, and Ashish Kundra.
Senior Congress leader Buta Singh died at 86
86 years old the Ex-Union Minister and senior Congress leader of Rajasthan has died. Buta Singh had served as Indian Home Minister during the Rajiv Gandhi government between 1986 and 1989. he also worked as the Minister of Agriculture and Rural Development.
- Along with it, he also had been as four-time MP from Jalore-Sirohi Lok Sabha constituency.
- Buta Singh Ji also was elected as the Chairperson of the National Commission For Scheduled Cast between 2007 and 2010.
84 years old Odia music director Shantanu Mohapatra died
The famous and noted Odia music director Shantanu Mohapatra has taken his last breath at the age of 84. he was suffering from old age-related ailments.
- Mohapatra is related to Odia music industry for nearly sixty years.
- he has contributed a lot for Odia music as a music composer.
- He has composed first modern lullaby in AIR, first qawali, first bhangra tune, and first fusion and jumping note.