Current Affairs 29th December 2021 for Banking/Insurance/SSC and other related govt exams, covering the top news, Major Issues, Top 10 Current News of the day, Important events in National Current News, and International Current News.
Attempt Quiz – Daily Current Affairs Quiz
Attempt Computer Quiz – Click Here
Attempt Static GK Quiz – Click Here for Static GK topics for Competitive Exams
Rajnath Singh Lays Foundation Stone For Brahmos Missiles Production Unit In Lucknow
Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Yogi Adityanath and Defense Minister Rajnath Singh have laid the foundation stone of BrahMos Missiles production unit and Defence Research and Development Organisation (DRDO) lab in Lucknow.
- UP will be a Defence production hub.
- BrahMos missile will be manufactured in Lucknow and will create employment opportunities for youth.
Japan launches Inmarsat-6 F1 Communications Satellite
Japan has launched a new communication satellite named “Inmarsat-6 F1” through a Mitsubishi Heavy Industries (MHI) H-IIA204 rocket. the satellite was launched from Japan’s Tanegashima Space Center.
- “Inmarsat-6 F1” was developed by the London-based company Inmarsat.
- It will enter geostationary orbit, about 22,240 miles (35,790 kilometres) above the earth.
- it is 12,060-pound (5,470 kilograms) and is the first of two ‘I-6’ spacecraft.
India to become 3rd largest economy in 2031: CEBR
The Centre for Economics and Business Research (CEBR) estimates that India will become the third-largest economy in 2031 and India will take place of France to become the 6th largest economy in the world.
- CEBR is one of the UK’s leading economics consultancies and as per its annual World Economic League Table, China will overtake the US in 2030.
World Economic League Table (WELT)
- India will also make an improvement in its ranking in the World Economic League Table (WELT) from 7th place in 2021 and will emerge as the world’s third-largest economy in 2036.
- Along with it, India will take over France to regain its 6th place in WELT ranking for 2022.
Eishin Chihana as new chairman of Yamaha Motor India Group
Yamaha Motor India has appointed Eishin Chihana as the new chairman of Yamaha Motor India Group. Eishin Chihana has replaced Motofumi Shitara.
- Eishin Chihana has been associated with Yamaha Motor Company and its group companies across the world since 1991.
- Eishin is holding strong expertise across different verticals like sales, marketing and business management, with a major focus on motorcycle business operations in European, North American, African, Middle Eastern and ASEAN markets.
SEBI inducts Aarati Krishnan as a member of MF advisory panel
Aarati Krishnan has been appointed as a member of the Securities and Exchange Board of India’s Advisory Committee on Mutual Funds.
- The committee has advised SEBI on matters associated with mutual fund regulation in order to ensure investor protection, development of the industry and disclosure requirements.
- the committee was headed by former Deputy Governor of Reserve Bank of India Usha Thorat.
- The committee consists of 24 members from academia, exchanges, consumer interest groups, fund trustees, rating agencies, distribution firms and media.
Narandran Jody Kollapen appointed to South Africa’s highest judicial bench
Narandran ‘Jody’ Kollapen is appointed to South Africa’s highest judicial bench, the Constitutional Court. Narandran is an Indian origin and will assume the charge from January 1, 2022.
- President Cyril Ramaphosa has announced the appointment of Rammaka Steven Mathopo and Kollapen to the Constitutional Court after lengthy public interviews.
The Modi Gambit: Decoding Modi 2.0 book by Sanju Verma
A new book titled “The Modi Gambit: Decoding Modi 2.0” has been released. the book was authored by Sanju Verma, who is an economist and the BJP National Spokesperson.
- The book highlights the various achievement in the last 2 years of Prime Minister Narendra Modi’s 2nd term as PM of India.
- apart from this, The foreword of the book has been written by Padma Shri Mohandas Pai and the Afterword has been written by ace journalist, Anand Narasimhan, Managing Editor at CNN News 18.
Himachal Pradesh won Vijay Hazare Trophy 2021, defeats Tamil Nadu
Himachal Pradesh has won the Vijay Hazare Trophy 2021 title and defeated Tamil Nadu in the final of the Vijay Hazare Trophy 2021. the final match was played at the Sawai Mansingh Stadium in Jaipur on 26th December 2021.
- Himachal Pradesh wins their first-ever domestic title.
- In the final match, Youngster Shubham Arora scored his maiden List A century and Shubham Arora’s unbeaten century and his 148-run stand with Amit Kumar (74) for the fourth wicket helped to win the match.
- The match result was declared via the VJD (V Jayadevan rule) method.
South African campaigner Archbishop Desmond Tutu died at 90
Archbishop Desmond Tutu has passed away at the age of 90. he was a Nobel Peace Prize laureate and veteran of South Africa’s struggle against white minority rule.
- In 1984, he was honoured with Nobel Peace Prize for his non-violent opposition to apartheid.
- He also chaired a Truth and Reconciliation Commission that set up to unearth atrocities committed during those dark days.
Former England Test Captain Ray Illingworth died at 89
Former England cricket captain Ray Illingworth has passed away at the age of 89. he was undergoing radiotherapy for esophageal cancer. Ray Illingworth led England to a Test series victory in Australia in 1970-71.
- Ray Illingworth played 61 Tests for England between 1958 and 1973 and presented England 31 times, winning 12 matches and an Ashes series in Australia in 1970.
- Illingworth was an all-rounder and he scored 1,836 Test runs at an average of 23.24 and claimed 122 wickets with his off-spin bowling at 31.20.
- Apart from this, he served as chairman of the England selectors from 1993 to 1996 and coached the team in 1995-96.
Daily Current Affairs 29th December 2021: FAQs
Q.1 Which is best for daily current affairs?
Candidates can read Current Affairs on @ PrepareExams.Com and can also read Monthly Current Affairs Magazine including Pratiyogita Darpan, Civil Services Times, Yojana, Niti Aayog reports, Economic and Political Weekly (for some topics only), World Focus year-end issue only, and so on.
Q.2 Where can I get daily current affairs PDF?
Candidates can find daily current affairs at PrepareExam App and its website https://www.prepareexams.com/. it also provides monthly current affairs PDF from https://www.prepareexams.com/.
Q.3 How can I write SSC current affairs notes?
Follow these steps:
Attempt Previous Years Papers.
Read the Current Affairs of the Last 6 Months Before the Exam.
Must Attempt Daily Current Affairs Quiz.
★★★★ You Can Also Read ★★★★
|Computer Awareness Quiz Questions Set (Banking)|
|Read Daily Current Affairs Topic Wise|
|Daily Current Affairs Quiz (Current GK Test)|
|Static Gk Quiz Questions and Answers|
For all the latest Updates, download PrepareExams App.