Today Top Current Affairs 27 July 2022 – Current Affairs for Banking/Insurance/SSC and other related govt exams, covering the top news, Major Issues, Top 10 Current News of the day, Important events in National Current News, and International Current News.
GoI Designates 5 New Ramsar Sites
Govt of India has designated five (5) new wetlands of International importance, including three wetlands (Karikili Bird Sanctuary, Pallikaranai Marsh Reserve Forest & Pichavaram Mangrove) in Tamil Nadu, one (Pala wetland) in Mizoram and one wetland (Sakhya Sagar) in Madhya Pradesh, making a total of 54 Ramsar sites in the country. The Ramsar sites are increased from 49 to 54 Ramsar sites. Union Minister of Environment, Forest and Climate Change, Bhupender Yadav said, “Delighted to inform that 5 more Indian wetlands have got Ramsar recognition as wetlands of international importance.”
Bajram Begaj takes the oath as Albania’s President
Bajram Begaj has taken the oath as the new President of Albania. he will serve as the 9th President of Albania. Bajram Begaj is a retired military commander and politician.
- Bajram also served as the head of the general staff of the Albanian Armed Forces and was a major general.
- President of Albania: Bajram Begaj
- Albania’s Capital: Tirana
Nakul Jain Joins As CEO Of Paytm Payments Services
Paytm’s parent One97 Communications has announced the appointment of Nakul Jain as the CEO of Paytm Payments Services Ltd (PPSL). Nakul Jain will replace Praveen Sharma, who is now serving as the acting CEO of PPSL, and has been posted to oversee the organisation’s commerce vertical in addition to his other duties.
- Nakul Jain also served as managing director of private banking, priority banking, deposits and branch banking at Standard Chartered Bank.
- He is having over 22 years of experience in retail banking and has worked in sub-sectors such as branch banking, wealth management, product and segments, distribution, retail assets and acquisition.
India to host ICC Women’s ODI World Cup 2025
International Cricket Council (ICC) announced that India will host the 2025 ICC Women’s ODI World Cup. India, Bangladesh, England and Sri Lanka were named as the four hosts for ICC women’s white-ball events from 2024-27. ICC Board sub-committee including BCCI President Sourav Ganguly selected the host countries for the Women’s T20 World Cup via a bidding process.
- South Africa will host the next women’s T20 World Cup in February 2023
- Bangladesh will host the 2024 Women’s T20 World Cup.
- India will host the ICC Women’s ODI World Cup 2025.
- England will host the 2026 Women’s T20 World Cup.
- Sri Lanka will have hosting rights for the Women’s T20 Champions Trophy, slated for 2027, provided it qualifies for the event.
India to host 44th Chess Olympiad in Chennai
India will host the 44th edition of the Chess Olympiad at Mamallapuram, Chennai and will be held from July 28 to August 10. it will be the world’s biggest chess event. 188 teams from 187 countries will participate in the Open section and 162 in the Women’s section. The official logo and mascot of the Olympiad is a chess knight called Thambi (which means Younger brother in Tamil).
- 2014 Chess Olympiad was held at Tromso, Norway India won a bronze medal in the open category.
- India won the joint gold medal in the 2020 virtual Olympiad.
- India finished with a bronze medal in the 2021 virtual Olympiad.
Canara Bank launched its mobile app named “Canara ai1”
Canara Bank has launched its mobile banking app named “Canara ai1”. The “Canara ai1” banking app aims to act as a one-stop solution with more than 250 features to cater to the banking needs of its customers.
- It will help in eliminating the need to have multiple mobile apps working in silos for availing of different specific services.
- The app has been available in 11 languages to meet multiple sections of society in their preferred language.
Top 20 International Airport busiest in the world: Atlanta International Airport tops
New Delhi’s Indira Gandhi International Airport has been included in the league of the top 20 busiest airports in the world for 2017 in terms of traffic volume. As per the Airports Council International (ACI), The Delhi airport ranked 16th position from 22nd rank in 2016 and the airport’s passenger traffic grew by 14.1% to 63.45 million solidifying its status as one of the fastest-growing airports in the world for passenger traffic.
- The Airports Council International (ACI) World released the annual World Airport Traffic Dataset to highlight the global air traffic rankings of the top 20 aviation industries for 2021.
- The Hartsfield-Jackson Atlanta International Airport (ATL) has been ranked as the busiest airport in the world with 103 million passengers (both departing and arriving).
- The ranking includes three areas: passengers (international and domestic), air cargo (freight and mail) and aircraft movements (air transport movements and general aviation).
International Day for the Conservation of the Mangrove Ecosystem 2022
Every year, International Day for the Conservation of the Mangrove Ecosystem is observed on July 26th across the world to raise awareness of the importance of mangrove ecosystems as “a unique, special and vulnerable ecosystem” and it also promotes solutions for their sustainable management, conservation, and uses. this day is also known as World Mangrove Day.
- In 2015, The UN Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization (UNESCO) adopted this day to observe.
- This day also marks the death of Greenpeace activist Hayhow Daniel Nanoto, who died due to a heart attack during a massive protest to re-establish the mangrove wetlands in Muisne, Ecuador in 1998.
******** END ********
★★★★ You Can Also Read ★★★★
|Computer Awareness Quiz Questions Set (Banking)|
|Read Daily Current Affairs Topic Wise|
|Daily Current Affairs Quiz (Current GK Test)|
|Static Gk Quiz Questions and Answers|
For all the latest Updates, download PrepareExams App.