Today Top Current Affairs 26 & 27 January 2021
Daily Current Affairs 26 & 27 January 2021: This article consists of the latest top current affairs for 26 & 27 January 2021 that are essential for all competitive exams such as Bank, SSC, IBPS, SBI exams. You can also take our Current Affairs Quiz after studying our daily current affairs.
MP launches PANKH Abhiyan for Girl Child
On 24th January 2021, The Chief Minister of Madhya Pradesh Shivraj Singh Chouhan has launched PANKH Abhiyan scheme on the occasion of National Girl Child Day.
- It will help in empowering the girl child.
- it was launched under ‘Beti Bachao Beti Padhao’ scheme.
PANKH Full Form (Protection Awareness of their rights Nutrition Knowledge Health)
- ‘P’ – Protection
- ‘A’ – Awareness of their rights
- ‘N’ – Nutrition
- ‘K’ – Knowledge
- ‘H’ – Health
51st International Film Festival of India: Winner List
Goa, 24th January 2021: The 51st edition of International Film Festival of India (IFFI) was organized at Shyamaprasad Stadium near Panaji in Goa. the event was conducted through a hybrid mode.
- The IFFI was started on 16th January 2021 and was Concluded on 24th January 2021
- Danish World War II drama Into the Darkness won the Golden Peacock Award, Tzu-Chuan Liu and Zofia Stafiej won the top acting honours.
- Golden Peacock Award – Into the Darkness
- Silver Peacock Award for Best Actor – Male – Tzu-Chuan Liu, The Silent Forest
- Silver Peacock Award for Best Actor – Female – Zofia Stafiej, I Never Cry
- Silver Peacock Award for Best Director – Chen-Nien Ko, The Silent Forest
- Best Debut Director Award – Cássio Pereira dos Santos, Valentina
- Special Mention Award – Kripal Kalita, Bridge
- Special Jury Award – Kamin Kalev, February
- ICFT UNESCO Gandhi Award – Ameen Nayfeh’s 200 Meters
- Indian Personality of the Year Award – Biswajit Chatterjee
List of Padma Awards Winners 2021
The President of India has distributed Padma awards at ceremonial functions at Rashtrapati Bhawan.
- Padma Awards – one of the highest civilian Awards of the country, are conferred in three categories, namely, Padma Vibhushan, Padma Bhushan and Padma Shri.
- ‘Padma Vibhushan’ is awarded for exceptional and distinguished service.
- ‘Padma Bhushan’ for distinguished service of a high order and ‘Padma Shri’ for distinguished service in any field.
Global Climate Risk Index 2021 Ranking
As per the Global Climate Risk Index 2021, Germanwatch has released the top 10 most affected countries by climate change on 25th January 2021. Germanwatch is an NGO based in Bonn, Germany.
- As per the report, India has got the 7th position as most countries by climate change
IMF estimates India’s growth to -8% in FY21
On 26th January 2021, International Monetary Fund (IMF) has released an estimation regarding the Indian economy to contract by 8% in the current financial year 2020-21.
latest World Economic Outlook
- India’s GDP will boost 11.5% in the financial year 2021-22 as per IMF.
- In 2020, global growth will remain – 3.5%.
IMF Estimations for the global economy
- in 2021 – 5.5%
- in 2022 – 4.2%
J K Shivan as MD and CEO of Dhanlaxmi Bank
On 26th January 2021, J K Shivan has been appointed as managing director (MD) and CEO of Dhanlaxmi Bank. His appointment was approved by the Board of Directors.
- J K Shivan hails from Pallakad, Kerala and he has experience of more than 37 years in State Bank of India (SBI).
- he served in various functional areas such as commercial banking.
- He also is having an experience as a branch and regional head in SBI.
Former India Goalkeeper Prasanta Dora died at 44
Former India goalkeeper Prasanta Dora has taken his last breath at the age of 44. he played for the big three clubs of Kolkata football. he was suffering from ‘Hemophagocytic lymphohistiocytosis’.
- in 1999, Prasanta Dora made his national debut against Thailand in the Olympic qualifiers. he also played tournaments such as SAFF Cup and SAF Games.
- Dora represented Tollygunge Agragami, Calcutta Port Trust, Mohammedan Sporting, Mohun Bagan and East Bengal in domestic football.
International Day of Commemoration in memory of the victims of the Holocaust
The day of 27th January is celebrated as International Day of Commemoration in memory of the victims of the Holocaust. this day also is known as International Holocaust Remembrance Day.
- In the year 2006, it was observed for the first time in order to mark the anniversary of the tragedy of the Holocaust.
- During the 2nd World War, in Nazi Germany murdered over six million European Jews from 1941 to 1945.
Q.1 Where can I read daily current affairs?
you can study/read it from PrepareExams. We update daily current affairs day wise and monthly wise.
Q.2 How can I study current affairs for competitive exams 2021?
You can follow our PrepareExams website and bookmark our page. as well as, you can also make some notes of all the important issues at national and international level.
Q.3 What is the best way to prepare current affairs 2021?
1st way: you need to read daily current affairs and also should attend quiz daily to remember.
2nd way: read weekly and monthly current affairs regularly for revising.