Today Top Current Affairs 19 May 2023: Daily Top GK Updates for Bank Exam – PrepareExams’s Current Affairs Today Section offers the latest and Best Daily Current Affairs 2023-2024 for UPSC, IAS/PCS, Banking, IBPS, SSC, Railway, UPPSC, RPSC, BPSC, MPPSC, TNPSC, MPSC, KPSC and other competitive exams.
“National AYUSH Mission Conference 2023” was inaugurated by Union Minister Sarbananda Sonowal
Union AYUSH Minister Sarbananda Sonowal inaugurated a flagship program of the Ministry of AYUSH “the two-day conference of the National AYUSH Mission (NAM)” on 18th May 2023. The conference of the National AYUSH Mission (NAM) is to “facilitate better coordination among stakeholders and will strengthen the functioning of AYUSH health and wellness centres.
The Central Government approved signing of UDHR-WHO Technology Collaboration Agreement
The Union Cabinet meeting chaired by Prime Minister Narendra Modi the signing of the Project Collaboration Agreement between the Department of Health Research (DHR) and the World Health Organization (WHO) on Assistive Technology.
- The agreement aims at working towards drawing global attention toward access to assistive technology, fostering research and innovation and developing and disseminating appropriate training programmes.
- The MoU envisages the promotion and strengthening of cooperation in competition law and policy through the exchange of information, and sharing of best practices as well as through various capacity-building initiatives.
Union Ministry of Communications launched a Test bed project called ORAN
Minister of State for Communications Devusinh Chauhan launched Open Radio Access Network (ORAN) testbed project for conformance, certification and interoperability testing of O-RAN-based solutions at a function in New Delhi on the occasion of World Telecom Day.
- ORAN test bed project aims to facilitate the testing of ORAN elements and will facilitate the development of a fully indigenous 5G radio network in India.
- Devusinh Chauhan also released a Postal Stamp to mark the glorious 20 Years of Universal Service Obligation Fund of the Ministry of Communications.
Cabinet approves ₹17,000 crore PLI scheme for IT hardware
The Union Cabinet approved the 2nd phase of the Production Linked Incentive or PLI scheme for IT hardware, to accelerate domestic manufacturing of hi-tech electronics, building on efforts that catapulted India to be the 2nd-largest mobile phone manufacturer in the world.
Sri Lanka’s cabinet of ministers gives approval to state owned enterprise reform policy
Sri Lanka’s cabinet of ministers granted approval to the state-owned enterprise reform policy, aimed at strengthening government finances and facilitating economic recovery. The policy will transform the state enterprises into market-oriented entities that no longer burden the country’s budget.
- the need for a cost-reflective pricing policy to prevent bankruptcy caused by selling goods below cost will be emphasised.
Sri Lanka President Ranil Wickremesinghe appoints 3 new Provincial Governors
Sri Lanka President Ranil Wickremesinghe appointed three new Provincial Governors. The swearing-in ceremony was held at the Presidential Secretariat. The posts fell vacant after the removal of Jeevan Thiagarajah, Anuradha Yahampath, and Admiral of the Fleet Wasantha Karannagoda.
- P.S.M. Charles, who previously served as the Northern Province Governor in 2019, has been reinstated as the Governor of the Northern Province.
- Ceylon Workers’ Congress Leader Senthil Thondaman, has been appointed as the Governor of the Eastern Province.
- Sri Lanka Freedom Party Member Lakshman Yapa Abeywardena has been designated as the Governor of the North Western Province.
“Mawlavi Abdul Kabir” took over as the Prime Minister of Afghanistan
In Afghanistan, the Taliban announced the appointment of “Mawlavi Abdul Kabir” as interim prime minister and interim head of the cabinet due to the ill health of Mullah Haibitullah Akhund, the current acting head of the Taliban regime.
PM Modi Flags Off Odisha’s First Vande Bharat Express On Puri-Howrah Route
Prime Minister Narendra Modi flagged off India’s 17th Vande Bharat Express on the Puri-Howrah route via video conferencing. Odisha now has its first Vande Bharat train with this flag-off, while West Bengal has its second train.
- Vande Bharat Express will improve connectivity for pilgrims visiting the abode of Lord Jagannath.
- It will start its services from 20 May.
- The train will cover a distance of around 500 km between Puri and Howrah. During its journey.
- It will have stoppages at Khudra Road Jn, Bhubaneshwar, Cuttack, Jajpur K road, Bhadrak, Balasore, and Kharagpur Jn.
Puri-Howrah Vande Bharat Express: Fare
- The price of the Puri-Howrah Vande Bharat Express ticket begins at Rs 1,430 for an AC chair car, including a Rs 328 catering charge.
- Similarly, the passengers who opt to travel in the executive chair car will pay Rs 2,615 including Rs 389 as a catering charge.
Siddaramaiah to take oath as Karnataka CM on May 20; Shivakumar to be his deputy
Siddaramaiah will be the next chief minister of Karnataka while DK Shivakumar will be his deputy. The swearing-in of the new chief minister will be held in Bengaluru on May 20th, 2023. The Congress party took this decision with both these leaders agreeing to a “Rotation Basis”. Siddaramaiah will serve as Chief Minister for 2.5 years and Sivakumar as Chief Minister for 2.5 years.
N Chandrasekaran awarded France’s highest civilian honour
Tata Sons chairman N Chandrasekaran has been conferred with France’s highest civilian honour- “Chevalier de la Légion d’Honneur”- by French Minister for Europe and Foreign Affairs Catherine Colonna for the role played by him in developing and fostering commercial links between India and France.
- In 2017, Chandrasekaran was appointed the chairman of Tata Sons.
- In April 2023, Ratan Tata was conferred with the highest civilian award of Australia-Order of Honour-by Australia’s High Commissioner to India Barry O’Farrell.
Federation Cup 2023 – “Jyothi Yarraji” won Gold in Women’s 100m Hurdles
Jyothi Yarraji won the gold medal in women’s 100m hurdles with 12.89 seconds at the “Federation Cup Athletics” held at Birsa Munda Stadium in Ranchi, Jharkhand. Followed by Nithya Ramraj (13.44s) and Sapna Kumari (13.58s), second and third in the 100m hurdles.
World AIDS Vaccine Day 2023
World AIDS Vaccine Day is observed on 18th May every year across the world. it is also known as HIV Vaccine Awareness Day. this day creates awareness and provides information about Acquired Immuno Deficiency Syndrome (AIDS), a chronic, potentially life-threatening condition caused by the Human Immunodeficiency Virus (HIV) and its immunisation.
- It aims to promote the continued urgent need for a vaccine for the prevention of HIV infection and AIDS.
- The speech of former United States President Bill Clinton conceptualised World AIDS Vaccine Day on 18th May 1997, at the Morgan State University, Maryland, the United States of America (USA).
- On 18th May 1998, the first-ever World AIDS Vaccine Day or HIV Vaccine Awareness Day was observed as a commemoration of U.S. President Bill Clinton’s 1997 declaration.
International Museum Day 2023
Every year, International Museum Day is observed on May 18 since 1977 to represent a unique moment for the international museum community. the main purpose of this day is to create awareness regarding the fact that “Museums are an important means of cultural exchange, enrichment of cultures and development of mutual understanding, cooperation and peace among peoples.” The theme of International Museum Day 2023 is “Museums, Sustainability and Well-being”.
★★★★ You Can Also Read ★★★★
|Computer Awareness Quiz Questions Set (Banking)|
|Read Daily Current Affairs Topic Wise|
|Daily Current Affairs Quiz (Current GK Test)|
|Static Gk Quiz Questions and Answers|
📣 Prepare Exams is now on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube Channel, and Google News to get all the latest News first Like, Follow and bookmark our website @PrepareExams.com.
For all the latest Updates, download PrepareExams App.