Today Top Current Affairs 17 & 18 July 2022 – Current Affairs for Banking/Insurance/SSC and other related govt exams, covering the top news, Major Issues, Top 10 Current News of the day, Important events in National Current News, and International Current News.
Minister of Information and Broadcasting Anurag Thakur debuted the trailer for the new television series called “Swaraj: Bharat Ke Swatantrata Sangram Ki Samagra Gatha” in New Delhi. New television series called “Swaraj” will be aired by Doordarshan which will begin on August 14th, 2022. it will highlight the contribution of the liberation warriors and unsung heroes of the freedom movement in the 75-episode drama. The All India Radio will also air the “Swaraj” programme.
- Anurag Thakur also unveiled the serial logo at New Delhi’s Akashwani Bhawan.
- The upcoming television series Swaraj: Bharat Ke Swatantrata Sangram Ki Samagra Gatha is an illustration of the Swaraj that was envisioned during the battle for independence.
The Union Minister of Agriculture and Farmers Welfare, Shri Narendra Singh Tomar launched the Platform of Platforms (POP) under the National Agriculture Market (e-NAM) in Bengaluru, Karnataka. as well as Equity grant of over Rs 37 crore was also released to 1,018 Farmer Producer Organizations (FPOs) which will help in benefiting about 3.5 lakh farmers.
- Chief Minister of Karnataka, Shri Basavaraj Bommai, Union Minister of Chemicals & Fertilizers and Health & Family Welfare, Dr. Mansukh Mandaviya, Union Ministers of State for Agriculture and Farmers Welfare, Ms. Shobha Karandlaje and Shri Kailash Choudhary, Agriculture Minister of Karnataka, Shri BC Patil, State Ministers, Union Agriculture Secretary Shri Manoj Ahuja were also present.
- Farmers will be facilitated to sell their products outside their state borders and it will help in increasing farmers’ digital access to multiple markets, buyers and service providers and bring transparency in business transactions with the aim of improving price search mechanism and quality commensurate price realisation.
Secretary General of the bloc Zhang Ming said Varanasi, the holy city will be declared the first “Cultural and Tourism Capital” of the Shanghai Cooperation Organisation for 2022-23 under a new rotating initiative by the 8-member organisation in order to promote people-to-people contacts and tourism among the member states.
- A city of the cultural heritage of a member country will have the rotating Presidency of the organisation annually and will get the title to highlight its prominence under this initiative.
- In 2020, India hosted the Head of the Government of the SCO meeting.
Chief Minister of Uttarakhand State Shri Pushkar Singh Dhami has launched The e-FIR service and the Uttarakhand police app. after introducing the e-FIR service and police app, The State police’s five online services have been all integrated into the police app. the app will help in providing better services to the public. This is a commendable endeavour on basis of the government’s policy of simplification, solution, and resolution. and is also an effort to put Prime Minister Narendra Modi’s concept of smart policing into practice.
- The Uttarakhand police app will have all of the online services including Lakshya Nasha Mukt Uttarakhand, Meri Yatra, Gaura Shakti, traffic eye, and public eye that the State police offers to the general public in the state.
- Cyber hotline number 1930 and the emergency number 112 also have been added to this app.
The United Nations Environment Program (UNEP) National Goodwill Ambassador Ms Dia Mirza, and Environmental Activist Mr Afroz Shah have been honoured with the prestigious Mother Teresa Memorial Awards for Social Justice 2021 for their commendable and notable achievements in Environmental Sustainability. The award was presented by the Governor of Maharashtra Hon. Bhagat Singh Koshyari at Raj Bhavan, Mumbai.
- Mother Teresa Memorial Awards are presented by Harmony Foundation for Social Justice.
- The award acknowledges and recognizes the extraordinary work of individuals or organizations who aim to promote peace, harmony and social justice.
India’s merchandise trade deficit has widened to a record $26.18 billion in June 2022, which is wider than the government’s earlier estimate of $25.63 billion. the Commerce Ministry modified upwards both the exports and imports figures for the month. The previous record monthly India merchandise trade deficit was $24.3 billion in May 2022. Last month’s trade deficit was almost three times as wide as the $9.6 billion shortfall recorded in June 2021.
- Goods exports increased by 23.5% to exceed $40.1 billion (the preliminary estimate was $38 billion).
- Imports surged 57.5% to $66.3 billion on the back of higher buying of coal, gold and petroleum products.
- Coal imports increased almost fourfold to $6.76 billion while gold imports almost increased trebled to surpass $2.7 billion.
PV Sindhu won the 1st Super 500 title by defeating reigning Asian champion Wang Zhi Yi of China 21-9, 11-21, 21-15 in the final of the Singapore Open. This is the first 500 for PM Sindhu and is better since the world championship win in 2019.
- On the other hand, Olympic bronze medallist Anthony Sinisuka Ginting won the men’s singles title at badminton’s Singapore Open 2022 and beat unseeded Japanese player Naraoka Kodai in a closely fought final.
Every year, Nelson Mandela International Day is observed on July 18th across the world to honour (birth anniversary) the legacy of the late President of South Africa, Nelson Mandela. this day is also known as Mandela Day.
- On 18th July, great South African leader Nelson Mandela was born in 1918.
- In November 2009, United Nations officially declared July 18 as UN Mandela Day
- In 2010, the first UN Mandela Day was celebrated on 18th July.
- The theme for Nelson Mandela International Day 2022 is “Do what you can, with what you have, where you are”.
Every year, World Day for International Justice is observed on July 17 across the world to commemorate the organisations that work for bringing justice to the victims of international criminal acts.
- It also highlights the establishment of modern court systems in the world.
- It focuses on the advocacy of fundamental human rights and the promotion of international criminal justice.
- 120 countries signed a treaty titled the Rome Statute of the International Criminal Court on July 17, 1998. The establishment was known as the International Criminal Court (ICC) which came into force on July 1, 2002.
- Annually, World Day for International Justice has been celebrated to celebrate the signing of the Rome Statute.
******** END ********
★★★★ You Can Also Read ★★★★
|Computer Awareness Quiz Questions Set (Banking)
|Read Daily Current Affairs Topic Wise
|Daily Current Affairs Quiz (Current GK Test)
|Static Gk Quiz Questions and Answers
For all the latest Updates, download PrepareExams App.